Chapter Nine - Fockey Babes

"The one thing I love more than being with you

"The one thing I love more than being with you."

In all of the rush of dating Zayne, I'd almost forgotten Field Hockey. Almost.

After school I went to practice. Field Hockey was definitely a popular sport but not nearly as popular as Football, Cheer, or Lacrosse.

Field Hockey in fact was at the back of the pack when it came to sports at Knights High School.

It meant that no one watched our practices and only around 100 people came to our games. Of course I didn't mind. Less attention on my part.

Of course walking out onto the field to practice, I expected the same few people milling around after school, waiting for their buses.

Instead I was met with the entire Lacrosse team and a few cheerleaders.

Zayne sat there grinning like a madman. But it was adorable.

Some more girls came out of the locker room and jumped when they saw our spectators. I just shook my head and shrugged. The all smiled at me knowingly.

One guy stood up on the Bleachers and yelled. "It's the Fockey Babes!" And then a few guys whistled and cheered.

"Oh my gosh. They think we're hot." A freshman who made varsity whispered in my ear. I nodded and chuckled at how happy she was that the Lacrosse boys were there.

Coach came out and jumped when she saw the Lacrosse team and cheerleaders.

The look on her face was priceless. A mix of horror and excitement.

"Alright Ladies! Victory Run!" Coach barked at us and do we got into two lines.

With 24 girls on the team it was even. 12 girls per line.

We started running towards each other from different ends if the field. We would do a high five, run around the edges of the field and then circled up on the center of the field.

Once in the circle, the captains went into the middle and started counting off.

My back was to the Bleachers so I couldn't see the crowd forming.

Then after we were find counting off, we did crazy eights.

{A/N if you don't know what crazy eights are, they're just different exercises where you count to eight and then repeat. I suck at explanations so idk look it up.}

I heard whistling from guys who were watching us. We all rolled our eyes and continued with practice.

We divided into our groups. Defense, Affense, Midfield, and goalie.

We played three on two and then did a mini shoot out.

I'd forgotten that people were watching us practice until I scored on he goalie and everyone cheered.

Oh.

After practice I always walked home. After my brisk walk home, I got a text from Zayne.

Zayne: you did good

Natalia: thanks. I wasn't exactly trying tho.

I replied and then ordered pizza and invited over Linda.

"Heyyyyyyy!" I heard Linda walk in. She goes to a private school about an hour from the High School so we don't see each other a ton but when we do. Oh my gosh.

"Tonight should be interesting." I mumbled to myself before greeting Linda.

" I mumbled to myself before greeting Linda