Chapter Two - At the Diner

Natalia Grey

Natalia Grey

"You might be perfect,
But he's the perfect one for me."

I lived in a tiny town in Vermont. It's not on any map so don't look.

In town there's a diner. It was like a meeting place for all of the jocks at the high school. Everyone just went there.

So of course, Zayne was there.

He was there with his friends. Or, maybe it was the entire lacrosse team. Same thing actually.

I was sitting alone at a booth, waiting for Linda, my best friend at the time, when I heard them talking about girls. I heard my name mentioned a few times.

I pretended to read over the menu and scroll through my Instagram feed while I eavesdropped.

"Natalia Grey right? She's hot!" One said.

Ew. Pervert.

"Yeah. I just wanna-" Another began before he was cut off by Zayne.

"Don't talk about her like that. She's a good person. She'd never go for you Petersons!" Zayne sounded slightly bored.

"And who would she go for big Z?" One of them asked suggestivly.

Zayne shrugged. "I don't know, me? I mean I've liked her since 7th grade so I can only hope that she feels the same."

I was taken aback by that statement. I got up to leave, and thankfully nobody saw me leave.

I called Linda and drove home in my Mini Coupe.
My mind spinning as I drove home.