Chap 2

The welcome wagon.

"What's going on?" I asked, more than dutifully appalled to find a huge alien in our living room.

"Dunno," Josh said, shrugging, "Came home to find this guy messin with the remote control..."

This is crazy, I haven't seen a Yautja since I was six...

"So hows bout an explanation, buddy...?" he eyed the alien.

"There aren't any xenomorphs here, right?!" I asked, turning pale.

The Yautja shook his head.

"Aw, man..." Josh sighed.

"You're an idiot, Josh!"

"Shut up, stupid!"

Not everyone can grasp how hard it is to be a 15-year-old girl these days, especially when said girl gets picked on in school, wears glasses, hasn't the slightest idea about anything in the looks department, and has the most horrible brother in the world.

But I do. I know exactly what it's like to be that girl, and let me tell you,

It ain't pretty.

Krone, apparently one of the mighty and elite admirals from the great Elder's court, had crash landed here on earth on his way back home and ever so decided he'd just stay here, in my house, until he fixed it.

A Yautja crashing in my house, just what I needed. Of course he had to be an 'honored blood' and of course he had to be part of the Elder's court, how else would he had known about us? Mom and Dad were great friends with the Elder, he use to visit and stay at our house. And Mom and Dad always said that whenever him or his people needed a place to stay, they 'shouldn't hesitate to come down'.

But, y'know, I really doubt they'd have said that if they had known that they both were going to be gone for a month exactly when one dropped by.

I mean, how messed up was that?!

I was freaking out, Josh on the other hand, was just annoyed.

"So, what, you need a place to stay?" he asked.

The Yautja nodded.

"Great, now I have to take care of a baby and a crazy killer alien..."

"Josh!"

"What?! He'll probably kill the dog before the night's over!"

"Stop acting like a complete retard!"

"You stop acting like a goodie two shoes!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Shut UP!"

"YOU Shut UP!"

"Where are your parents?" he clicked, obviously annoyed at our embarrassing sibling spat. We could understand the Yautja's language.

"They're away," Josh leaned on the kitchen island and started to clean his nails.

I was a bit unnerved by his indifference toward the Yautja, I mean, Josh didn't even address him in Yautja! Not that I can speak the language, but at least Josh can use the little heknows! And Mom had always told me how some of them really didn't like us humans, I secretly hoped this one wasn't going to be a handful.

"They'll be gone for a month..." I said in a low(albeit scared) tone. If I wasn't yelling at my brother, or speaking to my parents, I usually liked to say nothing at all. But seeing as this is an honest to goodness Yautja, it was either 'speak or be killed'.

He looked away, I don't think he liked the idea of staying with a bunch of loud teenagers, but we weren't exactly all that keen by the idea of a huge killer warrior alien sticking around either.

Still, Mom had always taught me to be courteous towards visitors, to help people in need, and my parents did say they could find shelter in our home if they needed it, and he didcrash land and everything and...

My good Samaritan was kicking in. I'm such a pushover...

"but..." both him and Josh looked up at me surprised I had spoken up, "...they left plenty of food...and....there's room in the garage for your ship, you could also sleep in the basement if you want..."

They both stared at me.

I swallowed. "that's...if you want..."

Josh looked like he wanted to kill me, the Yautja unfolded his arms and nodded.

Josh growled, "Urgh, fine!" he pushed me.

"Hey...!"

He ignored me and headed toward his room, "Simple rules! Pee outside, don't eat all the meat, and don't go destroying all our electronics, whether you leave the dog alone or not is your choice!"

He left us alone with stretched silence.

We just stared at each other.

I cleared my throat, "Um...make yourself comfortable?"

He headed for the garage.

Nope, no one understands how hard it is to be a 15-year-old girl.

"Bet your all happy bout this, right, weirdo..."

I stopped at Josh's doorway while I was on my way to my room, "What are you talking about?"

"You'll probably be all over him..."

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"You, dorkface! You've always had a thing for them Predators!"

"WHAT?!"

"Talk about gross, Sophie, I mean really. What? Did you think since no one here on earth likes you some alien from outer space will?"

"Josh, you are the most retarded person in the planet, even calling you a retard would offend the actual mentally deprived population...."

"I mean, they're hunters, Soph, they like them bitch type of chicks, your opposite of the word bitch, in fact, they kill animals that act like you for fun!"

"We're done here. I'll leave you to touch yourself, Josh..."

"SEE! I knew you had a sick mind!"