Chap 7

Conversation.

I walked into the garage and seated myself next to but far away from Krone. I took out my art pad, "Hi."

"You wish to continue to draw my ship?"

I shook my head, "Nope. I'm just here to hide from Josh."

"You are afraid of him?"

Pft! "He wishes..." I started doodling, "I just don't want to scrub the toilets today..."

"I see." he clicked, "and he will not come here?"

"Heck no, he's a total wimp!"

He tilts his head.

"Trust me, he won't come." omg, that sounded so wrong but so funny! I snicker.

"You do not like your brother, do you young ooman?"

"Well...Josh...he's an idiot," I started, "and not like mentally, I mean, he just sorta irritates me a lot.."

"You two quarrel often."

"Yeah, he's a jerk." I shrug, "But I'm used to it, I mean, a lot of people aren't nice to me..." my eyes lower and I feel alittle down.

"You are troubled, young ooman" I'm not sure if he's asking or just stating the obvious.

I sigh, "I just snap at Josh when he yells at me," lift my knees closer to my chest, my pad rests on both knees and I focus on the lines I'm making, "with everyone else...I just let em do whatever they want..."

"Why do you only show weakness with others?"

"I dunno, I just do," I frown, but focus really hard on what I'm drawing, "...I can't just change..."

There's a long silence. I don't even notice it until I feel like someone's drilling holes in me.

Krone was staring at me.

"What? What is it?"

"To give up is to slowly kill one's honor..."

My eyes widen. Was Krone trying to give me a pep talk?

"Sophie!" it's Josh, leave it to him to ruin the moment, "Where the hell are you!?"

I roll my eyes and ignore him, by the time I finish with my drawing it turns out to be an angel standing behind a peasant girl, he's helping her hold a huge sword that's piercing a demon in two. The angel has dreadlocks, I feel completely satisfied with the picture. This one's a keeper.