Chap 32

(Strange...Emotions...)

Sometimes it's hard to be around her.

More than hard, it's intoxicating having her so close to me. Sometimes it becomes so easy to get her near me that it shouldn't even be allowed. But she doesn't know that. She's innocent. That alone makes me want her even closer.

Other times it's the most natural thing in the world to have her next to me, I just revel in her warmth and everything else disappears.

But why do I feel these things around her? Why does it pain me to see her sad, why am I filled with rage when her damnable brother insults her, why am I only happy when she is?

Today those thoughts were at the back of my mind. Finally, after all this time, I had fully repaired my ship. The day before Sophie had been here, helping me where she could and also talking to me, a friendly distraction that always helps me keep a level head when repairs don't go as planned. Thanks to her I had gotten double the amount of maintenance in than I had originally thought. I felt like I had to fully express my gratitude to her, let her know how much of a help she had been to me all this time.

I decided it couldn't put it into words how much I appreciated her, so I opt for something more special. Something she'd truly like.

"Krone! I'm home!"

When she arrived I immediately pulled her towards me and began telling her how Taak's instructions finally made sense to me and how I made a breakthrough. I was more then positive that she couldn't understand half of what I was telling her but I continued even still, sure that she's get the message regardless.

"So you can fly this thing now?"

I nodded and basked in my accomplishment, but I wasn't done yet.

"Come with me, you'll enjoy it."

I told her and almost immediately her face was sprung with her usual bewilderment. By now the look on her face is the most common thing in the world whenever I do something out of the ordinary.

"W-wha-"

"Say yes."

"But Krone," She started, "I mean...you don't even know if it's safe, how can you-"

"Trust me," I urged her as I pulled her along, "I wouldn't ask if I didn't know."

"B-but-"

I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes at her. Really, she spends all her time with me, a Yautja, and only now she wants to be cautious.

I took hold of her chin an lifted her sweet face to me, "Sophie, I would never put you in any danger," I told her, determined to get her to fly with me, "and it would make me very happy if you came along with me so, please?"

By her expression I could already tell that she would grant my wish. There was never a time where Sophie had ever said 'no' to me and sure enough she nodded.

That's my girl.

I turned and began the preparations when I suddenly noticed something different about Sophie. Her clothes were more color coordinated today, and much more brighter. She's usually with grey or dark colors on her. She looked gorgeous.

"You look amazing today."

She smiled, more genuinely than I've ever seen her do so before, making her look even more beautiful.

Her doubts and fears had seemed to subsided as she got into the ship. I prepared our launch, knowing that this would be something she wouldn't soon forget.