Chap 13

Aftermath of a fete.

"Still..."

"...at it..."

They were still at it! Sure, it looked like they were breaking a lot less things, but they were still there! They better not be drunk...

"they're so drunk..."

I sigh.

"What now?" he almost sounds amused.

You're not killing anyone! "We'll have to just sneak into my room..." I'm sure he looks just so disappointed right now that I don't bother looking.

"How?"

"Window." Jesus, his the alien with advanced knowledge why doesn't he think of anything?

He suddenly lifts me up bridal style.

"W-what are you-?"

"It's faster this way," he clicks so casually that it's annoying, "Just tell me were your room window is and I'll take you there..."

"You don't think I'm stealth enough?"

"I can drop you, you know..."

"Fine fine!" I don't like the idea of a broken back, "it's just...this is...embarrassing is all..."

"Why?"

"Ugh...never mind....let's just go!"

I guess it was a lot faster. I'd have probably been way to concerned with looking like a thief that things would've gone way slower...

I opened my window and jumped into my room, I immediately checked if Josh had locked it, he did. I sighed in relief. At least he did somethingright...

I looked behind me and saw Krone already inside and closing the window. The music's not as loud anymore. I sit on the side of my bed that's closer to the window, I lift my legs up on the bed so Krone can sit on the floor next to me. Hey, look at that, this is the first time I'm looking down at him! I hug my knees and smile.

"Are you warmer?"

I nod. "Yep! You okay sitting there?"

He shrugs, "I'm fine."

A Daughtry song that I liked suddenly came one, maybe they've officially started making out with each other...

"last time we talked...

the night that I walked...

burns like an iron on the back of my mind...

I must've been high...

to say you and I...

weren't meant to be, just wasting my time..."

I suddenly remembered what Krone had said before about my voice.

"Why did you stop?"

"Um...I..." I suddenly felt very shy.

And embarrassed.

I think I'm blushing.

I hear him smirk.

"You're very talented...Sophie..."

I smile and look at him, "Really?"

He nods.

I think I smiled a thousand times wider. I laid down on my bed facing him.

"Night, Krone..."

He nods again, "Dream well..."

"You to..."

I close my eyes and drift to sleep.

"Krone...?"

I almost expected him to still be there when I woke up the next morning. I looked around and he wasn't. guess he left...

Man I'm sore! I stretch and massage my aching back, I'm never asking for Predator training again...

Wonder what time it is? Thank goodness it's Saturday...

I walk into the kitchen.

Oh. My. Gawd.

"This place is a mess!" half the stuff probably wasn't even ours! Or maybe it was...it just looks like shit now...

Josh, who was sweeping the floor, apparently had just noticed me, "Oh, you're up..."

I stared at him bluntly, "Is that all you have to say?"

He shrugged. "Grab a broom..."

Doing so, I started pushing all the junk on the floor to a corner, I guess I'd just sort it out later...

"Well you look like you had yourself one heck of a party..." I throw in an insult or two with my mutterings.

"Yeah, yeah, quit complaining..."

"Have a hangover, brother dearest?"

I saw him glare at me through the corner of my eye.

"Suddup..." I think he slipped in calling me a 'little' something, "So where were you while the party was going on...?"

It was my turn to shrug, "Out."

"And Krone...?"

"I assume he's still in the garage..."

"Uh-huh..."he continued to sweep, "the one you locked..."

I nodded completely focused with sweeping the junk away. "So..." I said smugly, "you and Ms. Vivian Hale have a nice time...?"

"Wouldn't you like to know, Numbnuts"

"At least I have more balls than you ever will..."

"Whatever!" he crashed his broom with mine, "So...how'd you get in?"

"My room window."

He scoffed, "Pft! You? Weren't you worried about looking like a thief in the night?"

"For your information," this time I crashed my broom with his, "I'm a lot stealthier than I look..."

"Yeah, right, as if!" I saw him put on one of his 'I'm a stupid idiot that thinks I know everything so I'm gonna bug you know' look, "Or maybe your precious lil Predy taught you something..."

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Maybe he did, so what? Not like it's any of your business Joshua..." stupid jerk... "And his name is Krone..."

He stuck his tongue out at me, "I can call him whatever I want!"

"Stupid!"

"Idiot!"

"Well if you think that way," I gently put the broom down on the floor, "you can just clean up by yourself..."

I headed for the garage.

"Sophie!"

Ignore.

"SOPHIE!"

I slam the door loud enough for him to hear. I turn around and see Krone looking just as much amused as I am.

I spent the rest of the day in the garage. Happy cleaning up Josh...