Chapter 3: Confrontation

Gabby and Sylvie arrived on seen, and began to work their magic. They got her into the back of the bus and made their way to the hospital. Will was already at the emergency bay. They performed surgery on Erin's shoulder. Erin was lucky since the shot did not hit any arteries, so they were able to just take it out. It was about 4 hours later, and the entire unit was waiting by her bedside. Erin began to stir and wake up. Hank was by her bedside, helping her sit up.

"Hey, Erin, what a way to be welcomed back into the unit eh?" Ruzek said. Everyone started laughing, but Erin could only feel pain. Will walked into the room to check on her.

"Hey, take it easy, Erin. You just got shot. Welcome back by the way."

"Thanks." Erin said through clenched teeth.

"I'm going to prescribe some pain medication, that should help with your shoulder."

"No."

"No? Erin, are you sure, because you look like you are in so much pain right now."

"Yes, Will, I'm sure." The team, aside from Jay and Hank, never really knew about Erin's past. The most they knew was that Erin was in a bad place with the lack of parents, so Hank took her in.

"Okay, but let me know if you change your mind, Er."

"Where's Nat?"

"She's at home with Owen. She took the next couple of days off her night shift, but she just called and said she might come in sooner since one of her patients just came in. I gotta go, but page me if you need anything." Will left as well as Ruzek, Kevin, and Hailey.

"Kim," Erin said as she tried to sit up some more.

"Hey, don't hurt yourself I'm right here."

"Kim, she's with Nat." Erin said to her best friend. Kim knew exactly what Erin was talking about.

"Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it." Kim gave Erin a hug before she and Antonio left to go pick up Sophia. Erin knew that Fia was in good hands, but she just wanted to see her baby. 

"I've gotta go too Er. I love you. I'll be back tomorrow, but call me if they are giving you a hard time, or if you need anything." Hank said before giving her a kiss on her forehead and leaving the room. The tension filled the room again as it was just Jay and Erin left.

"Thank's for having my back today, Jay." She could see that his eyes were red and swollen from crying.

"I didn't have your back though," he whispered, "Er, I'm the reason you got shot."

"Hey, if you weren't there he would've taken another shot. I could be dead right now, Jay." They sat in silence for a while, before Jay spoke up.

"I was going to propose." Erin looked up, shocking filling her eyes.

"What?"

"I was going to propose, on the day you left. I had my mother's wedding ring in my pocket, all day, waiting for the perfect moment. You said you were going to join us at Molly's, and I thought that it would have been the perfect place, because that's where we met, before Intelligence."

"We weren't even talking, Jay. You moved out."

"That didn't mean that I didn't love you. Erin, you were, and will always be the love of my life. I'm so in love with you, and no other woman has ever made me feel the way you do. I left because I didn't want to hurt you. That woman, the one that I'm 'married' too, she means nothing Erin. We were young, dumb, drunk. She was there for me after I came back from tour. She and drinking helped me get my mind off of it. Being with you was different. I love you, Er. I always will." He kissed Erin's forehead before getting up and leaving without giving her time to reply. 

------

Will came into Erin's room first thing in the morning to notify her that she was clear to be discharged, but still had to take it light. Erin had her arm in a sling, but was so grateful to be able to leave. Al's service was tomorrow, and she just wanted to be around her family.

"Knock, knock." Nat said as she came in followed by Jay, "How are you?"

"Hey, Nat. I feel like shit, but thank you, for everything."

"Hey, anytime, I know you would do the same if I needed the help. Anyways my shifts about to start so I should probably go." Will and Nat left, leaving Erin and Jay alone once again.

"Ready to go?"

"You're taking me home?"

"Yeah, Hank couldn't leave the house, so I'll be your chauffeur."

"You're driving? Oh god." Erin said. There was still some tension from the conversation that they had last night. They needed to talk about it some more.

"Get dressed, and we can head out." Jay turned to leave the room, when Erin stopped him.

"I'm going to need your help, Jay." She bit down on her lip as her cheeks flustered a bright red. 

"Are you sure?"

"Jay, it's nothing that you haven't seen before."  Jay just chuckled and walked over to her side. He helped her out of the gown and into her undergarments and her pants. She felt so self-conscious as his eyes roamed her body. Jay too, couldn't help feel the same way for Erin. 

"What's this?" Jay asked running his finger along the scar on her stomach. It from her c-section. Sophia was born two weeks early, and there were complications with a natural labor, so Erin needed emergency c-section.

"Nothin, Jay." She pulled the rest of the shirt over her body. He knew that she was lying, but didn't push her on it right then. He knew that she was going to tell him eventually. They made their way to Hank's house, and Jay pulled up and got out to open her door.

"Thank you." She whispered, as she looked into his piercing blue eyes. He couldn't hold it in anymore. Jay grabbed her face gently, and kissed her passionately. Erin was shocked at first, but kissed him back as hard as she could. It had been 6 years since their last kiss, 6 years since she had kissed anyone in general. She pulled away and smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I have to go." Jay said. 

----

Erin walked into the house to be greeted by a very energetic Sophia.

"MOMMY!" Sophia said crashing into Erin's legs. Erin felt the pain shoot throughout her entire body as she crashed into the wall.

"SOPHIA! WE TALKED ABOUT THIS!" Kim said as she walked over to see if Erin was okay.

"Sowwy mommy." Sophia said as she hid behind Kim. 

"It's okay baby," Erin said as she crouched down and reached out for Sophia. "I've missed you babygirl."