Chapter 21: Official Welcome

The rest of their furniture was moved in and built over the spand of four days. Erin began to put together the girl's Christmas gift, and was excited to tell everyone the date to their wedding. They were going to have the ceremony at Jay's family's cabin in Wisconsin. Megan was flying in that evening, and Erin was super excited to welcome her. Now that they have the new house, they would have more room for her to stay. They also had the apartment if she wanted to be more comfortable. They had moved into the new house the day before, and last night was their first night there.

"Hey girls," Erin said as she came downstairs to see the girls making pancakes with Jay. "Are you excited for Aunt Megan to come tonight." The girls nodded. Spencer has gotten more comfortable with the family, and with the IU, and Erin couldn't wait to break the adoption news to her, but they weren't going to do so until Christmas.

"Is Carter coming too?" Spencer asked.

"Yup, they fly in tonight, so how about after breakfast we go get some poster paper and supplies to make them posters." They nodded in excitement, and Erin kissed both girls on the head before making her way over to Jay.

"You know I hate waking up to an empty bed." She said as she wrapped her arm around the shirtless Jay.

"I know, but you've put so much work into the house, and I just thought you could use the extra sleep." Erin kissed him, before sitting at the kitchen table with the girls, and ate breakfast. They finished their breakfast and got ready to go grab supplies to welcome their aunt.

"Are you coming, Jay?" Erin asked as the girls went to grab their shoes and winter coats.

"As much as I'd love too, I promised Will I'd help him Christmas shop for Meg." Erin chuckled then grabbed the keys, and headed out with the girls. They grabbed all their supplies and came home, to see Hank's car in the driveway next to Jay's.

"PAPA!" Fia said as she ran into the house, throwing her shoes at the door. Spencer helped Erin with the bags, and they got to decorating, while Erin, Jay, and Hank sat and talked.

"It's good what you did with the place." Hank said. Erin nodded. They caught up, but Hank had to call it an early evening, since he was called into work.

"Girls, grab your things, it's time to pick up Aunt Meg."

----

"There are my girls." Megan said as she climbed into the car, with Carter right behind her. They went out to dinner, then drove back home.

"Woah, this is soo nice." Megan said as she gave her and Carter the walkthrough.

"I know right. You guys can stay here, or you can crash at the apartment. We left the master bed over there."

"Aunt Meggy, can you stay with us?" Fia asked as she climbed into her aunt's arms.

"Of course I can princess." They all sat around and caught up, before everyone headed to bed, excited since the next day would be Christmas Eve, the night of their party.

---

"Merry Christmas Eve Mommy and Daddy!" Fia said as she jumped into bed with her parents. Spencer, Megan, and Carter was still asleep since they all had late nights playing games and telling stories.

"Merry Christmas Eve, Princess." They all got up and made their way downstairs to make breakfast. Spencer came down, and wished Erin and Jay Merry Christmas Eve, followed by Megan and Carter. Erin and Megan spent the rest of the morning getting together everything they needed for the party, and preparing food.

"Hey, babe," Jay said as he walked into the kitchen. "Carter and I are headed to go grab some alcohol. Do you need anything while we are at the store?"

"I think we are good for now, but I'll let you know." He nodded, as he was walking out, Megan called out.

"Hey, JJ, get the good stuff." Causing Erin and Jay to chuckle. Once alone without the men, Erin spoke up.

"So Jay and I set a date."

"And?" Megan asked putting down the knife, and facing her soon to be sister in law. 

"June 23rd, the day we met."

"Awww that is so cute." They finished preparing the food, and they both went to get dressed for the party. Erin got Fia ready, before getting ready herself. As she was doing her hair, she heard a knock on her door.

"Hey," Carter said, "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I'm going to ask her to marry me." Erin put the curler down, and hugged Carter.

"I'm proud of you, Car."

"When Jay and I went out yesterday, I asked for his and Will's permission, but you're her best friend, so I wanted to know if that was okay."

"Of course, Carter. Welcome to the family."

"I also need your help."

"Of course."

"I'm having Jay record the whole thing, but I'm the least artist person in the world, and was wondering if you could help me, I don't know set everything up last minute. I have roses, and balloons, and everything in the closet by your garage, and we all know Jay's a bad liar, so can you ask her if she can go to the store with Jay or something, so we can set up."

"Of course." Erin hugged him once more, before he left the room, and she finished her hair.

"Hey, I almost forgot, Jay, can you swing by and pick some sugar cookies. It's been Fia and I's tradition to decorate them, but I need to finish getting everything together." He nodded, knowing that Carter talked to her.

"Um, what are sugar cookies?" Megan laughed at her brother's stupidity.

"Come on, Jay. I hate driving through the snow, and knowing you, you will end up picking up the wrong thing." Erin and Carter chuckled. 

"Girls, do you want to come with us?" Jay asked. They nodded before grabbing their winter coats and headed to the car with Jay and Megan.

"Babe are you coming?" Megan called out to her boyfriend.

"It's fine, you all go. I'll stay and help Lindsay." They left, and Erin started to put the whole scene together. The IU, Will, and Nat arrived, and thought the idea was so cute, so now they were just waiting on Jay and Megan. When Megan walked through the door, her head was down as she was scrolling through her phone.

"Hey, Erin, sorry we are-" Her voice cut off as she looked up and saw her boyfriend down on one knee.

"Marry me, Megan Davis." She nodded, and the crowd started cheering.

"Now let's have some dinner." The IU exchanged their gifts with everyone, but Jay, Erin, Megan, Carter, Will, and Nat were waiting until Christmas morning to do so. The girls and Owen decorated cookies, leaving some out for Santa. Will and Nat were also spending the night at Jay and Erin's new place, so the three Halstead siblings could spend Christmas morning together for the first time in over 10 years. Fia got Hank to stay too. Hailey, Adam, Tony, and Kevin left, leaving just the Halstead siblings, their significant other, and Hank. Hank put the kids to bed then came back down. Nat, Will, Megan, Carter, Erin and Jay, stayed cuddled up around the fire place.

"So Will, it looks like you're the only one who needs to put a ring on it."

"What do you mean? I already did." Everyone shot up from their seat and stared at Nat as she slapped her boyfriend in the chest before holding out her hand, to reveal a small ring.

"What the heck? When did this happen?" Megan said.

"Yeah, Will, we see each other every night theres a Blackhawks game, and you've never mentioned it."

"We were going to tell everyone tomorrow."

"Look's like the Halstead family is going to gain a couple more members." Hank said with a chuckle.