Chapter 25: Seriously?

Erin was excited, yet nervous for today. The girls made a quick trip to a local craft store that happened to be open that night, and got all the supplies that they needed in order to do the baby reveal. They stayed up late to finish the project, but it was so worth it. 

"WEDDING DAY!!" Megan screamed as she came into the room, with Fia and Spencer. Erin cuddled with her girls for a bit, but got up since the hair and make-up crew had just arrived to get her ready for the day. She didn't like too much make-up so they kept it simple but flawless. As for her hair, Erin decided to have a half up half down look. Her bouquet she did white roses, Jay's mom's favorite and pink daisies, Camille's favorite. She slipped into her dress, and was ready to be Jay's wife. The guest had all arrived, and the minister was going to be Trudy. Erin knew that Jay would be dressed in his police uniform, the girls in their beautiful dresses, and Bear would have on his K-9 vest.

Sophia left with Megan, to get ready, but Erin asked Spencer to stay.

"You aren't in trouble, baby girl. I know I don't say it enough, Spencer, but I love you, and I'm really glad to be able to call you my daughter."

"I know, and I love you too, mom." She said before hugging her mother. Erin bursted into tears, after hearing her daughter call her mom for the first time.

--- 

"Ready for this kiddo?" Hank asked as he walked over to Erin.

"Are you?" She asked with a chuckle since she saw the tears in his eyes.

"No, and I never will be. I know that Jay is a good man though, and he will take care of you, even when you don't want him too." It was Erin's turn to tear up. The music began to play and the bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down the isle, than the maid of honor and best man, before it was time for Hank to walk Erin down. He too was in his police attire, along with most of the groomsman. They kept it kind of traditional with the bridesmaids, since they were all wearing similar, but not identical flowy dresses. The guests stood as Erin walked down, and Hank handed her off to Jay. 

"Have her back, Jay." He warned in a whisper.

"Always." Jay took Erin's hands and Trudy began. 

"Friends and Family of Jay Halstead and Erin Lindsay, welcome and thank you for being here on this important day. We are gathered together to celebrate the very special love between Erin and Jay, by joining them in marriage. All of us need and desire to love and to be loved. And the highest form of love between two people is within a monogamous, committed relationship. Erin and Jay, your marriage today is the public and legal joining of your souls that have already been united as one in your hearts. Marriage will allow you a new environment to share your lives together, standing together to face life and the world, hand-in-hand. Marriage is going to expand you as individuals, define you as a couple, and deepen your love for one another. To be successful, you will need strength, courage, patience and a really good sense of humor. So, let your marriage be a time of waking each morning and falling in love with each other all over again." They decided to skip the vows and do those in private, but everything else stayed traditional.

"Do you Jay Halstead take Erin Lindsay, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to share your life openly, standing with her in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, in hardship and in ease, to cherish and love forever more?"

"I do."

"Do you Erin Lindsay take Jay Halstead, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to share your life openly, standing with him in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, in hardship and in ease, to cherish and love forever more?"

"I do."

"Then, by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. Jay Halstead, you may kiss your bride." They kissed causing everyone to cheer.

"It is my pleasure to be the first to announce Mr. and Mrs. Jay Halstead." Erin and Jay walked out as the crowd continued to cheer, and before they were going to the reception, they were taking pictures. They did solos, groups, family photos, and after everyone was tired of the photos, they headed back to the reception. They ate, greeted everyone, Meg and Will came up to give their best man and maid of honor speeches, before it was Spencer's turn.

"Hi, as many of you know, or don't know, my name is Spencer. Um, I was a girl who's life completely changed after meeting Jay and Erin. As cliche as it sounds, I don't know what I would do without them. I'd probably be dead on the streets if you knew my background. Anyways Jay and Erin welcomed me into their lives without any hesitation. I was officially adopted, and that gave me a new opportunity. I am now able to live the normal life that a 15 year old should live. The life of a girl who spends most of her time on her phone, talking to boys, and fangirling over some stupid shit."

"LANGUAGE!" Megan yelled causing the entire crowd to burst out laughing.

"They gave me the opportunity to live life, where I wasn't afraid that I was going to be abused next, a life where I knew I could come home to a house and warm bed, a life where I didn't have to worry about another broken bone. But most importantly, they showed me what love is. They gave me a life, with a mom and a dad. I love you mom and dad, and I know that this was the perfect spot for me, in this crazy, delusional, loving family." Spencer said with a voice crack in her tone. Their were tears in the crowd, and a lot of cheering. Megan motioned for the family to have a family photo, knowing that this was the perfect time to reveal Erin's pregnancy. The photographer came over to pose them for the picture, but the crowd just cheered on the amazing family. Megan picked up the mic, and began.

"HOLD UP, HOLD UP. LET'S HAVE A LITTLE FUN." Megan said, causing the crowd to holler.

"I brought you guys a little prop for the photo." Erin smiled as she took the bag from Megan's hand. She handed each of them a pair of converse, before holding up a tiny pair and little cork board that had a picture of baby feet and the words 'coming soon to Chicago, a family of 5.' The guests started to cheer, as Jay looked down at the the shoes and cork board in Erin's hands.

"You're pregnant?" He asked. Erin nodded.

"Seriously?" Erin nodded and he smiled and grabbed her head before kissing her.