Chapter XXIV: The Last Dawn

The underground fortress was ordered by Y/N to be demolished. After he confirmed that no one was left behind in the facility. It was caved in and sealed off for good. The POWs were then transported back to Clausewictz.

With that out of the way, Y/N just had the Luftwaffe searching all over Vale a few minutes ago for the train that got away.

Reichstag, New Berlin.

Adalard: Ve're searching for ze train as ve schpeack.

The New Appointed Chief of the SS announced to the Führer.

Y/N: Zat ist gut news.

Y/N responded, sitting in the nearby chair.

Ruby: But the guy who killed my dad is dead now, and many of their soldiers are dead as well. Doesn't that bode well for us?

Y/N: Ja, but Richtofen ist still alive. Ze threat is still out zere.

Adalard: Ich Weiß. (I know). But vithout zose soldiers und his Gas Canisters, he von't be a major threat anymore. Congratulations Mein Führer.

Y/N: Ve did gut today, ze men of ze 501st are being awarded ze Iron Cross 1st Class.

Ruby: Is that like, a medal?

Ruby asked curiously, Y/N nodded.

Y/N: Ja, I have it...

Y/N showed Ruby his Iron Cross 1st Class, alongside Eastern Front medal and his Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Swords, Oak Leaves and Diamonds.

Ruby: Wow, someone's a decorated soldier...

Y/N smiled, Adalard saluted him, Y/N saluted back in respect as the black suited SS Commander left, flanked by two similarly dressed men.

Y/N: It's finally over... Var... Das Krieg... (This war)

It was then a German Female secretary entered the room with a clipboard. Waving at the young Führer.

German Female: Guten morgen mien Führer!

Y/N: Guten tag, Fräulein Annamarie.

The woman got up to Y/N and whispered in his head.

Annamarie: Die Volk... They are vaiting...

It was then Y/N heard it, he turned his head towards the door behind him to the podium that stood above a huge clearing in the new city. He heard dozens, possibly thousands of people outside. Awaiting him...

Y/N: Danke... (Thanks)

The woman smiled and exited the room, Ruby also heard the citizens of Y/N's new country outside. They wanted him. He stood up, and was about to push through the double doors, but stopped.

Y/N: So much lives lost... Many of mein friends dead for me zo reach zis point in mein life.

Ruby: Your people are waiting for you Y/N...

Ruby urged him, the young Leader only smiled. He breathed in and out.

Y/N: Sometimes I ask myself... Zo I deserve zis position?...

Ruby: You've worked so hard to... I believe in you... many have. Them, F/N, Richter, Hans... my team. Hell, even Ironwood did once in the past.

Y/N: I know... but ze Second Remnantkrieg vas fuelled by me... Mein lust fur power... Blood shed because of mein arrogance.

Ruby's heart was struck by Y/N's meaningful speech about himself. As much as she wanted to urge him on, she couldn't shake the fact that Y/N too was a monster.

Ruby: Yes, you were a monster Y/N L/N. You were a monster because you needed to become that monster in order to survive, I guess I sorta fell into that hole as well.

Y/N: Ja, sometimes I vonder vat would've happened if ve had died back in Antarctica... Mein welt... My world.

Ruby: Remnant would probably never be what it is now. Whether it be for the better or worse what matters is that you! You have established what many have failed to do! Peace! Peace across the whole world! Yes, you've done it using force, and blood. But lately I've learned that peace is something that doesn't come cheap.

Y/N: Ruby...

Y/N uttered, about to tell her. But he decided that it would be for later.

Y/N: The people are vaiting.

Ruby: Go get 'em tiger... as Yang would say. But you don't have to do this alone.

She assured, gently wrapping her fingers around Y/N's hand. He politely smiled and pushed the door open. Greeted by several German Soldiers standing in formation, both Wehrmacht and SS, and various people both Remnantians who immigrated into New Germany and Germans who were evacuated through the portal to Remnant.

All cheering and waving their arms at him in appreciation. Y/N raised his hands in order to signal them to quiet down, in which they did.

He remembered blatantly about a rally Hitler's Party had held years ago. Y/N wasn't a part of the SS before that but he knew from the very bottom of his heart that even though he appreciated what the Workers Party had done in effort for Germany, he somewhat deep down didn't trust Hitler's so-called inspiring speeches. He didn't want to be Hitler, he didn't want The People fearing him and worshipping him like a god, he just wanted peace for all. He raised his uncovered right hand which still bore the swastika engraved onto it, as a result of his semblance given to him.

Y/N: Volkes von Deutschland!... Unser neu land ist geboren... (People of Germany... Out new country is born...)

Ruby smiled silently behind him, wearing an emerald ring around her finger.

Ruby: This truly is the day we've been waiting for....

Years Later...

Salem never was able to get her plans into motion after that, with Germany as Remnant's new Beacon of hope, the new world had arisen with Y/N L/N at the podium. The Grimm had been constantly beaten back to a point in which they couldn't even spawn anymore, Salem's minions were hunted down after the Mt. Glenn conflict and executed one by one, Hazel had a Flak 88 shell fired into him and Y/N personally used his semblance to suffocate and destroy the heavily wounded Cinder.

Without minions to carry her dirty work, Salem's presence shrank more and more to the point in which she just... ended it, the Grimm, the campaign against Humanity, everything..

Doctor Richtofen was never found, he's presumed dead along with the remaining members of the 36th SS-Sturmbrigade Dirlewanger.

Adalard Schmidt, appointed Commander of the Waffen SS, died when he was 89, due to a series of complications in health.

Y/N eventually grew to be 93, dying in the Reichstag's designated bedroom. Two years after his late wife Ruby Rose had passed away. Their child, (Random Name) L/N Von Rosenkranz took up position for Führer after his father had passed away.

Germany continues to rule Remnant with an Iron Fist to this day...

THE END... (Yes, this is the long-awaited final end of the final book of the Nazi Series)