Arc 1.10

Author's Note:

Surprise, surprise~ This chapter, to make up the two weeks that I haven't been updating, is about 10500 words long. ( ノ^ω^)ノ゚

I expect bows of gratefulness and exuberant praises being given to me. ( ̄^ ̄メ)\(_ _ ;)

Also, please know that your commentary, even if it's a sarcastic remark, is very much appreciated and loved. I might not always be able to comment back (because I'm usually busy making very long and exciting chapters for you all), but please speak your thoughts. The highlight of my day is usually when I see a comment being made in one of my chapters. (⌒▽⌒ゞ

Also, because of how long this chapter is, there are going to be grammar mistakes. Probably a lot of them. We weren't able to catch all of them despite how much we tried to be careful, so please go easy on us.

...--------...

Since Alex had taken her exams early, she had officially graduated from Da Guan. Therefore, after taking a picture with the Headmaster and some of her teachers for the school's hall of academic achievement, she was given her diploma the next day. Somehow she was able to convince her teachers and Headmaster Chen that it was more beneficial for her to take a gap year instead of going straight to college. She had told them how she wanted to take more time brushing up her social skills before stepping into the 'adult's world'. Usually, in between studying, homework, and classes, there is not much time for students in S Country to have a social life, which is detrimental for any social skills they might need to develop. So when Alex proposed doing volunteering work, backpacking in Europe, traveling to different countries-things like that, they agreed with her full-heartedly and praised her for her insight.

Of course, only Sisay knew she was bullshitting her teachers and the headmaster and that everything she had said is just an excuse so that she could live her days as lazy as possible until Bai Yang graduates from Da Guan himself. She can practically feel its disapproval whenever she ends up visiting Bai Yang's childhood home (to mooch off food, of course).

It has been a couple of weeks since then and in a couple more days, a nation-wide week-long holiday for schools in S Country to celebrate a religious holiday that Alex doesn't quite get will start. From what she has heard, it has something to do with the turning of spring and to promote vitality and goodwill and such. It's not a religion she's familiar with (though sixty percent of S Country's population worships it), but it means that she gets to have Bai Yang all to herself for 7 days and she's pretty excited for it.

Today is a Saturday and Bai Yang is out of classes by the afternoon. After picking him up from the gates of Da Guan, they make their way to his apartment like always and once they enter into the impressive condo, Alex dives onto her usual spot on the white sofa. Nowadays, she mostly lives in Bai Yang's apartment and would only be back at her place when it's nighttime or when her kid is attending classes in Da Guan. The clothes she had brought over during her test-crunching period are still sitting in the drawers of the master bedroom upstairs and Alex didn't bother taking them back. Half of the time, she would end up sleeping over anyway so there was no need in the first place.

Maybe she should just move in and become roommates with Bai Yang. The apartment is already fully paid and the only thing she would have to compensate for is food expenses. Bai Yang seems to want her to stay more often than not (and who can blame the kid? One person living in a big place like this is rather daunting) so she can probably bring it up soon. Later. Maybe after dinner. Yeah, dinner sounds like a good idea.

Just at that moment, Alex's stomach growls at the thought of dinner. She can hear Bai Yang laughing from behind her, and when she turns around, he has a fond smile on his face. Like any good housewife (【Bai Yang is not your wife, Alex.】'Shhhhhhh.'), the young man heads towards the kitchen to make some afternoon snacks in order to satisfy Alex's always-starving stomach. Alex, having nothing better to do, just leans her head back and looks at her kid with contemplative eyes.