twenty three

diego;

The apartment building wasn't the nicest place built and it wasn't hidden that it was most likely a crack house. Dani explained that it comes off pretty sketchy, but the people living with them were friendly.

Diego didn't really care if he was around sketchy people, seeing as he was sketchy himself, but his baby on the other hand; he didn't want her anywhere near this. He wanted her safe in LA with him.

Dani unlocked the door located on the third floor to reveal an unexpected interior. It was nice and didn't seem like the rest.

It was as if nobody would think this was really in a crack house.

"Billie, I'm home!" Dani called out, placing her shoes by the door and keys on the kitchen counter. Diego as well took off his shoes before following her through the house.

They reached the end of the hall where two bedrooms were; one door was open while the other wasn't.

Dani started knocking on the shut door, making a rhythm with her knuckles. She didn't wait for a response before opening the door to reveal a curled up, depressed and tired, Billie. She was getting high like always.

Diego couldn't see her yet, being blocked by the door, but he could already feel that she needed him. All he wanted was to hold her in his arms and tell her everything will be okay.

"Babe, I've got a surprise for you," Dani sang, approaching her best friend.

"Fuck off," Billie mumbled, not turning around.

"Fuck you. Just come on," Dani grabbed her friend by the arm and ripped her out of bed. She stumbled behind just as Diego stepped into the room.

Everything froze.

She couldn't believe it and neither could he.