twenty four

billie;

She couldn't believe it. Diego was really in front of her.

"Chéri," she whispered to herself, instantly hoping he didn't hear nor understand. But more importantly, she didn't want Dani to hear or else she wouldn't let it go. It's not everyday you hear Billie call a guy darling.

She slowly walked towards him as he held his arms wide open for her. She eventually fell into them, letting herself feel something.

The past few weeks, her depression was getting worse and she didn't know what to do anymore. It's like she wasn't able to feel anything; as if she was completely numb. She tried everything like she does each time it gets bad. Some things worse than others.

"Baby," he whispered in her ear, wrapping his arms around her thin waist. She didn't argue, only smiled to herself - something she almost forgot how to do - and let herself enjoy this.

She knew this happiness wouldn't last forever, but she sure as hell wanted to make the most of it. As soon as she snapped back to reality though, she instantly pulled away and slapped him, then her best friend.

"What the fuck?!" they both rubbed their cheeks in pain.

"I fuckin' hate surprises," she reminded her best friend for what seemed like the thousandth time.

"I know," Dani replied with a big smile. She was happy to see her friend smile for real again. It seemed like these days all Billie would do is go to work, fake a smile, then come home and stare out the window. And it was no secret to all her friends that she was going back to her old self, no matter how many times she denied it.

"I hate you so much," Billie lied, not letting go of Diego.

"Awe, it's cute seeing you all mad 'n shit," Dani laughed, messing with the half purple half brown hair of her friend. Billie slapped her pale hand away in defense.

"Boi, fuck off."

Dani continued to laugh as she walked out of the room.

"I can't believe you legit flew out here," Billie said to Diego.

"I can't believe you doubted me," he replied, wrapping both arms around her waist. He had a smug look on his face that Billie couldn't quite figure out, but at the same time knew what was going through his head.

"You're adorable," she laughed, pulling away from him to lay down on the mattress. She didn't have the money to waste on a bed frame, but didn't complain since she found them pointless.

Diego took a seat beside her, taking in his surroundings. The longer he was in this place, the more he wanted to get Billie out of it.

"You're amazing," Diego replied, earning an eye roll from his friend.

"Fuck off."