thirty

billie;

The whole morning was as usual, slow. It wasn't until lunch time that people actually started coming into the small tattoo parlor.

Diego was making sure Billie didn't get bored at the counter, while also being helpful. He helped her restock the bongs, pipes and jewelry, while refusing to be paid.

Billie's boss, Rhianna, but they all call her Rhi or Rhi Rhi, offered to pay Diego for the few hours he was helping for his hard work, but he refused. Billie couldn't understand why, but her coworkers could tell by the way he looked at her, he was just here to spend time with his girl.

"You ready, Billie?" Nathan questioned as Diego and her sat on the couch. There was nobody in the store so Billie decided to take her break.

"Yeah, I guess," she replied, debating if she really wanted to go through with it or not. She knew it would hurt a lot, and the healing process would be a bitch, but this is something she's wanted done for a long time.

She debated getting high before, so the pain would be less, but held back, knowing she would be fine.

She had been on morphine all morning, keeping it hidden from everyone of course.

Since she was younger, Billie has been addicted to pain meds. She would take anything from morphine, oxycodone, percs, norcos. She originally quit when she moved to Newburgh, since she had trust issues and didn't want to find a new dealer, but when she got together with Joey, things went back to before. He got her back on them, along with pressuring her into trying different drugs.

Ever since Joey, Billie has been struggling to stay clean again, but it hasn't been going good.

"Ready for this? It's gon' hurt like a bitch," Nathan warned, placing the cold metal against her tongue.

She nodded, holding Diego's hand just in case the morphine wasn't enough. And to her surprise, it almost was. She only felt a pinch.

"When she gives you head it'll feel amazing now," Billie's coworker joked to Diego, causing her to turn red.

Diego just laughed it off while Billie gave him a slap. She would've yelled at him to shut up, but her tongue was starting to swell.

"You're cute," he laughed, messing her hair up.