one

"Talia!" Noah Flynn yelled, pulling up to his best friend's Los Angeles home.

He put the motorcycle in park and walked up to the front door. Instead of knocking, he took the spare key from under a fake rock and unlocked it, walking in. 

The familiar but comforting smell of the Aquino's home filled his nose and a feeling of nostalgia washed over him.

"Natalia Aquino, I do not want to be late for the first day of school!"

A loud groan came from the upstairs bedroom, where Talia was getting dressed. She hated the fact that he would let himself in unannounced. And she hated herself even more for showing him where the spare key was. 

Rolling his eyes at her whining, Noah began to walk up the steps.

The sound of his feet hitting the wood made Talia rush to put on her skirt, but she couldn't find her balance. Like a bunny on a sugar high, she was hopping everywhere.

Noah reached her door and turned the knob, swinging the door open.

"Noah Flynn!" she screamed.

She tried to cover her body with her hands, but when that didn't prove to be effective, she grabbed her pillow and placed it over her exposed body.

"It's not my fault you don't lock your door!"

The girl huffed. "I don't need to lock it because no one is home. Now get out."

"I've seen you in a lot less before, no need to be shy now," he smirked, eyeing her up and down.

The girl gasped and her face turned red. She turned away from him and finished putting on her skirt, grumbling about how annoying he could get when they were alone.

Noah came up from behind and kissed her neck, saying, "Now that I think about it, I'm in need of a little pick-me-up before the first day."

The hairs on her body stood up on end and her heart began to quicken. A quiet breath left her lips as she savored the intimate moment.

The pair of best friends weren't together romantically, but they were what they called "in-betweens." When they were in between flings, they were making out and hooking up behind closed doors. There were no feelings involved whatsoever.

"I guess we can spare a few minutes," Talia whispered, spinning around and connecting her lips to his.

He placed his hands on the back of her thighs and she jumped up, wrapping her legs around his waist.

"You're really good at this now, huh?" he mumbled against her lips, lowering her onto the bed.

"Comes with experience."

With a few extra minutes to spare, the two made it to Los Angeles Country Day School on time. And just like how it has been for the past few months, the two acted as if nothing happened. They resumed life as each other's best friend since childhood, not as two people hooking up.

Noah's little brother Lee and his best friend Elle arrived shortly after. Due to her pants ripping right before leaving her home, she wore a skirt that was way too short and had her butt hang out.

Everyone began to laugh and stare as soon as she stepped out of the car, but the poor girl was oblivious. She looked around wildly, not understanding why she had the spotlight on the first day back.

Boys began to take pictures and videos while the girls gossiped to each other about how the junior was asking for the attention.

"Oh, no. Honey, I'll be back," Talia quickly said to Noah.