nineteen

liked by tuppenator, jackattack, leeflynn, and 138 others

ellebell: come and support the football boys as they take on the midvale tigers in the state championship game!
[tagged: lacdfootball]

view all comments...

leeflynn: woah what happened to you??

ellebell: leeflynn well you should know, you poured paint all over me

leeflynn: oh you're right about that

tuppenator: we eat tigers for breakfast 😤

jackattack: those tigers are going DOWN 😠

ellebell: tuppenator jackattack okay boys let's settle down shall we?

omiag: nflynn good luck!!

omgwyneth: nflynn i look forward to seeing you play 🤩

oliviamg: nflynn win for us, flynn! 😁

nflynn: this isn't even my post what the hell is going on

nflynn: omiag omgwyneth oliviamg thanks?

~*~

It was the last minute of the fourth quarter of the game. They were twenty yards away from the end zone. Midvale was leading with 28 points while Country Day had 21.

Being the quarterback, all the pressure was on Noah. They lost to Midvale in the same game last year and if he messed this up, the school would not forgive him. He probably wouldn't forgive himself either.

"We got this, guys!" he encouraged his teammates as they huddled together momentarily.

"Dude, I don't know," Tuppen sighed.

Noah patted the boy on the back, saying, "Don't do that. It's possible. We have a minute left, and if we just put in our hundred and ten percent, we'll make that touchdown."

"Alright, let's start!" the referee shouted at the boys, motioning for them to take their places.

After saying a quick school chant, the boys broke out of their group and positioned themselves on the field.

They all felt the adrenaline pumping through their veins, their heart pounding against their chest, and the butterflies in their stomach. It was now or never, and they were hungry for that state title.

The Los Angeles Country Day fans watched nervously as the players on the field became a collision of bodies.

Noah took a couple of steps back, surveying the field for an open wide receiver while also keeping track of Midvale's defensive players. He didn't need another tackle at such a crucial point in the game.