Fences

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|

Clip the songbird's wings so it may no longer fly

Shepard to a world of grey so it will no longer know colour

Silence the screams so it will never have a voice

Welcome to The Community

The sun rises over the soon-to-be bustling town of Colloquial in The Community. The skyscrapers glimmer when the rising light hits there refracting mirror-like windows. The train station is waking up with the sounds of humming from vibrating drums. A simple, civilized, world at peace. Where citizens work together to live a life as erudite and developers of the future, The Civitas.

However, a light world can never be far from a dark one. To the west, an estranged eye could see a looming forest. A forest no one would dare to touch, to discover. It is said that things live in the woods, savage and evil things. Evidence that something lived in the woods was the occasional severed heads of trespassers, on the border, who questioned their existence. Those who lived in the wood, the feral and the savage, we called The Aphosts.

Now, let's move out of the boring character segregation part and into the slight center of Colloquial. Here lies a normal house with normal shudders but, lives a girl with a possibly not-so-normal awaiting future. Due to society's rules-ermph beliefs-our main character is already awake when the sun rose earlier that morning. Sounds horrible, I know. She stands inside of a plain white closet picking out the day's prescribed clothes, a knee-length tan skirt with a fluttery white three-quarter sleeved blouse, and steps into the living room outside her door.

Like all houses in Colloquial, our main character's house is single floored with few embellishments depending on the careers the residents have. In her house, an extra room was added with an entertainment item of their choice, due to her father's teaching job and her mother's secretarial job at the school. It was a good thing that they had an extra room for today's main character had two additional siblings.

"Mother! I am proceeding to school early to join my friends, okay?" No, not yet. That is not the main character. Patience, we will get there, soon.

"That is alright, Victoria-Violeta. Before you depart, you're procuring your Portare, correct?"

"Yes, Mother. I will be home before sunfall." A familiar zip, like a vinyl music disc, rung through the house declaring Victoria-Violeta, or as she would like to be known as, Vi-Vi, has magically appeared at the gates of Denizens School for Everyone. Well, of course, not magically but simply by improved technology after the Savages, Aphosts, were removed of.

Now, let me explain, in this world, names are more important the one may think. Depending on the neighborhood one lives in the names change in importance. Some revere gods and so neighborhoods like those have names like Apotheosis, Athena, Osiris, Saraswati. While others find names that resemble or symbolize natural and vanished phenomenon like Lake, Ocean, Waterfall, Rain. Others like numbers for conformity or genius of days gone by Vinci, Nineteen, Archimedes. In our main characters neighborhood, they appreciate longer names to resemble previous family members or icons.

Our protagonist walks into the living room and crosses into the kitchen where she grabs a transparent bag with packaged food to resemble lunch. She freezes when her mother strides into the bare kitchen with her long skirt trailing behind her floating in a non-exist wind.