20 - Fight The Past

Hey guys! Chapter 20 everyone! Wow! Enjoy the chapter!

Previously on Dark Veins:

As Xara worked on making food, Lukas headed out to the forest nearby. He grabbed his bow on the way out, saying bye to his mom shortly after.

"Wait! Lukas! You aren't leaving me with mister killer here are you?!"Xara exclaimed in shock.

"Yup! Sorry mom! See you later!"Lukas called.

Xara sighed frustrated. She stomped back to the kitchen and sliced the potato angrily.

Lukas was walking back and forth, obviously lost. He didn't know where he was until he heard a shout and a scream. Lukas ran after, gasping at who caused it.

"Petra?!"Lukas said in shock.

(No one's POV)

*Flashback, two years ago*

"Have fun Petra! We'll be waiting for you here."Jesse said, hugging Petra.

"Enjoy your adventure Petra. I hope you have fun."Lukas said smiling.

Petra waved one last time before she walked past the gates guarding BeaconTown.  That was the last time she saw Lukas and Jesse for she was on the adventure of a lifetime. She was shaken out of her thoughts by Jack, her idol and friend.

"You good there Petra? Nurm wants to move on."Jack, a guy with brown hair and an eyepatch, said wrapping an arm around Petra's shoulders.

Petra nodded. "Yeah I'm good."she told him.

She picked up Miss Butter, which was laying on the ground in front of the redhead. The group of three walked on, heading to the Guided Isles.

Guided Isles was a group of islands she had found by mistake a while ago with the others. She had found out she was the daughter of the chief of Guided Isles when she was with her friends. Petra was happy she would get to see her father and her twin sister and brother, May and Julio.

"We're here. This place is awesome!"Jack exclaimed, running ahead of Petra and Nurm.

"Nehh!"Nurm said, glaring at Jack.

Petra laughed. "I gotta agree with Nurm here. Wait for us!"she said as she ran after Jack, Nurm following her.

"Wow."Jack said.

"I raise your wow and turn it into woah."Petra remarked in awe.

She, Jack and Nurm were walking up to the castle when an explosion came and blew up half the castle. Petra dropped Miss Butter as a hand flew up to her mouth, covering it in shock.

"No. NO! DAD! MAY! JULIO! No."Petra broke down crying.

Jack walked up from behind her and hugged her tight, letting her tears fall onto his shoulder. Nurm came and joined in on the hug. Jack then had an idea that he figured Petra would like.

"Petra, we can go see if there's any survivors if you want."Jack told her his idea.

Petra looked up, wiping her tears as she picked up Miss Butter. Determination filled her head.

"That's a good idea. I just need to know if their alive."Petra said as she walked forwards, heading to the castle.

Inside the castle looked like a hurricane came and whipped through it like a doll. Fire and burns were everywhere, every piece of furniture was destroyed.