i

Italics- Eren Sherwood
Bold- Noah Sky

"Hi."

"Um...who's this?"

"Eren Sherwood at your service."

"I don't think I know any Eren Sherwood."

"Well now you know."

"...I seriously don't know you. I'm hanging up."

"Don't hang up.!"

"What do you want then? Is this some sort of prank? Kate, is that you?"

"I told you I'm Eren Sherwood and we didn't know each other before this."

"So why did you call me? How did you even get my number?"

"It's kind of a silly story."

"Go on."

"I found this number written in a library book I rented out today."

"What?"

"Yeah. It's not always that I find numbers written down in books I borrow and it's not always that I call up random numbers. But tonight, I just got curious. So hey!"

"...But I wrote that number two years ago."

"Wow. Did anyone call you in those two years?"

"You're the first."

"Am I supposed to feel honoured?"

"...No."

"You are pretty quiet for a guy."

"You're a little too enthusiastic for a girl."

"That's my nature!"

"Then it's my nature too."

"Well, you're right. Anyways, did you look at the sky tonight? No wait. Where are you anyway?"

"I'm outside?"

"Great. Look at the sky."

"It's....nice."

"It's not only nice. It's mesmerizing. It's beautiful. It's breath-taking. One of the many reasons why life seems beautiful."

"...."

"I g-gotta go."

"Wh-"

*hangs up*

Noah stared at his phone for a while before looking up like she told him to. There was a blanket of stars above him, each of them twinkling, telling their own stories. He never understood the logic behind people turning into stars after their deaths.

He looked down at the river underneath the bridge he was standing on. The sounds of the waves crashing against the rock kind of calmed him down instead of any nervousness he was feeling a while ago. He began to wonder. If he jumped down, will he turn into a star?

There were many things he didn't know yet, still had to learn. But he also wanted to give up everything he knew until now. Life had been hard. Had always been hard.

He looked up again but this time he found peace. He felt alone under that blanket of stars but not quite alone. He felt content, the chaos in his head stopped for that time. He felt things he didn't feel for a really long time. The idea of death didn't seem suitable anymore.

His phone vibrated, indicating a text and he checked it, a small smile playing on his lips.

"It was rude to hang up on me but because it was our first time to talk, I'll let it slide. Don't forget to watch the sky tonight. You may experience things you have never before. :) - Eren"