xxi

Italics: Eren
Bold: Noah

"This is a surprise."

"What is?"

"You calling me first."

"Well I wanted to talk."

"...okay."

"Have you been sleeping well? I forgot to ask you that."

"...kind of? I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep."

"Why didn't you call me then?"

"I'm not exactly proud of what I did. I just thought you wouldn't want to talk to me."

"..."

"You're amazing you know?"

"Why? I didn't do anything."

"That's why. You never asked me why I did what I did. Don't you want to know the reason?"

"I do want to know. But I have been thinking and I realised that maybe you would tell me when you think it's right to tell. I can't force it out of you. I can't do that."

"..."

"I also realised something."

"What?"

"That I can't be angry at you. I was hurt and angry but mostly at myself. I couldn't even get angry at you because it's always the same. People come. People leave, you know. It has always been that way so I didn't know why I let it happen again but it did and I- forget it. I'm rambling."

"..where are you right now?"

"At home. Why?"

"Can you come meet me at the hill up at St. Luke's?"

"Now?"

"Yeah. I need to let things off my chest. And you said it helps there, right?"

"It's pretty late. I'll come to your place and we'll go together. Okay?"

"It's quite near. Just get there. Please."

"Bu-"

"Please."

"Okay. I'll be there."

-