xxiii

Bold- Noah
Italics- Eren

"Guess what?"

"It's 4 am. What do you want?"

"Your sleepy voice is sexy."

"I know. What do you want?"

"Anyways, I'm moving out."

"You're what?"

"I'm moving out. Last night I got a call from my grandma's lawyer. She passed away a month ago and to be honest, she was the only person to be nice to me I guess. The letter also contained her will and it says she has left me some money and it is enough for me to move out from here. I'm so happy."

"That's..amazing. I'm so happy for you."

"Me too. I guess I never told you what's wrong with me staying in my own house."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I have the patience to wait."

"Thank you Eren. But yeah, I think I'll tell you when I see you. Also I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Can you help me move? I don't think I can do it alone."

"Of course. Just tell me when."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

"I like you."

"W-What a-are you saying? Just sleep!"

*Hangs up*

Noah laughs and brings the phone down, feeling somewhat giddy to hear Eren's flustered voice. She was cute.

His eyes then landed on the letter and the will next to him, heart feeling light but heavy at the same time. He looked around his room next, the room he had had ever since he was born. It was his safe haven, a small space tucked in the corner of his house where he felt safe and comforted from the harsh reality.

But to be honest, the harshness and the cruelty got to him and he no longer felt comforted. His home wasn't a home anymore. And that broke his heart.

The ping of his phone caught his attention and he checked to read the message.

"Before I was 'rudely' interrupted, ahem, I know it will be hard for you to leave a place you considered home at one point in life. But I'll be there with you through the process so don't you worry. Try to get some sleep at least. And, uh, I like you too. 💜?"

Noah laughed at the question mark at the end of the heart, making him realise that Eren had never texted like this before. It made his chest lighter and a smile to stick on his face. It was really amazing how happy he had been these days just because a girl randomly called him that one night.

It was beautiful in a way and he wasn't going to take it for granted.

--