Chapter 5: Pressed for Time

Ahsoka Tano's life on the line. Her master and fellow troopers struggle to keep this young Padawan alive, but will her master face reality and learn to let her go, or will he let his attachment to her make him do the unthinkable?

3rd person

"General, General Skywalker did you hear what I said? I'm loosing her!! I need your help to stabilize her."

Anakin was snapped out of his thoughts and brought back to reality.

"Sorry Jessie, I was just thinking."
I understand that general, I'm worried for her to. If we don't stay focused, her chances drop from slim to none."

Suddenly Anakin Skywalker has a look of terror, he gives an encouraging glance at his Padawan.

"Sir, this may be beyond my position to ask, but how close are you with Commander Tano?" Jessie asks nervously.

Anakin Skywalker gives the clone a skeptical look, but then he answers quietly.

"She's like a daughter to me Jessie." He looks at me and gives me a weak smile.  The clones know about the Jedi code, so Jessie was surprised to hear this.

"But sir, isn't it against the Jedi code to have that deep of a bond with the commander?" Jessie asks him in total curiosity.

Ahsoka starts to spiral again.

"Jessie, let's talk about this later. For now just help me get her stable."

Anakin's point of view

"Admiral Yularen, Admiral Yularen do you copy?"

"I read you General, what seems to be the problem?"

"Send the medical frigate that's docked at the lower hanger. We have someone in critical condition and there best chance is in that frigate."

"It's on its way General."

I start to worry for Ahsoka's life. If only I was able to protect her when she needed me most. Then I notice she starts to calm down. But she still isn't calm enough to do us any good.

"General, I'm gonna need your help transferring her onboard the frigate."

"Ok Jessie, lets go."

As we carry my unconscious Padawan and I can feel her pain.

"She's calming down."

I sigh in relief.

"General, um, sh-she only has around an hour to live. She is to severely injured for us to treat here. We have to get her to the halls of healing back at the Jedi temple, or some other medical place near by."

I look up in pure panic, "Wha-what's her condition??"

"From what I've gathered so far she has shattered several bones, first second and third degree burns, she suffered major injuries on her montros and lekku, some of her organs have been damaged, her left lung is at the brink of collapsing, severe internal bleeding, nerve damage from the electrocution, several shards of metal have penetrated her body nine seem to have hit any vital organs but there are dangerously close to them for me to completely rule that option out, many cuts and bruises along her whole body, multiple blast winds on her back, and her brain seems to be overworking itself." Jessie tries to say this a quickly as possible, to avoid Anakin exploding.