Going Out

(I am terribly sick and it's finals week. :) fantastic.)

It was nearing 6 and you couldn't wait. Your shift was over and you went into the back room, avoiding the kitchen area, to change. Luckily, you did have spare clothes you found in your car to wear at the date... No wait, no Not a date (Y/N)!, you thought to yourself as heat rushed to your cheeks.

You didn't fully understand why Gordon makes you feel this way. His looks? No, it can't just be that. There is something more to him beyond looks. You know he's a sweetheart and you know all he wants is the best for people. Like how he wants to try and help David's restaurant.

You change out of your work clothes and into your casual wear, but a bit fancier since you're going out with the worlds best chef: A blue knitted sweater and some black slim pants.. Okay, it may not be fancier, but it's better than what you usually wear. It complimented your figure and it fits perfectly. The sweater was a bit baggy, but you liked it that way.

"Lookin' nice, (Y/N)"

You turned around and saw your co-worker, Clarisse. You smiled and looked down at your outfit, dusting off your sweater.

"Thank you!", You said happily.

You saw David come by and he whistled, leaning against the wall as he examined you.

"What a nice handsome man. Anything special going on?", He asked with a smile.

You just laughed slightly and you hesitated to say, "uhhh.. I'm going to get coffee, w-with Chef Ramsay"

Both of their mouths dropped; Clarisse nearly dropped the clean dishes that were in her hands.

"Really?! Wow, that's fantastic!", Clarisse almost squealed.

"To talk about the restaurant or something?", David asked, his tone changed slightly.

You smiled at Clarisse as she hugged you after settling the dishes down. You heard what David said and looked at him, seeing that his expression has changed; his smile dropped into a tight line with his furrowed eyebrows.

What's his deal?

"Yeah! It's just business", You assured him.

David just hummed before walking away. Clarisse noticed and just looked at you, shrugging off his behavior. She picked up the dishes and gave you one last smile.

"Have fun on your date!", She cooed teasingly before walking away into the kitchen.

Again, not a date.

You puffed your cheeks out and walked into the bathroom. You walked up to the mirror and fixed your messy hair, brushing down your (H/C) locks. You jumped out of your skin as Clarisse ran into the bathroom you were in.

"Gordon is here!"

"Clarisse?!", You exclaimed.

She just giggled at you and left the bathroom. You settled your hands down on the sink in front of you and took a breath; already feeling your heart thump and your breathing increase. You took one more deep breath before collecting yourself and leaving the bathroom. You looked around and noticed Gordon standing at the door. What he was wearing made you felt like you ran a marathon. He noticed you and gave you a slight smile; his smile was what you had to get use to, you've never seem him smile this much before. You weren't sure if he was just being nice, or he's actually looking forward to going to get a coffee with you. You walked up to him and stopped in your tracks, noticing even more how taller he was compared to you.