5

With heavy breaths, I pulled his sleeves to get his attention.

"Chen-ssi"

He looked back at me with his gentle eyes that I grew to adore.

"Hmm?"

"There's something that I'd want to tell you" I looked down, face hot due to 

nervousness and embarrassment.

"Yeah? What is it 여보? (yeobo/honey)" He asked while smiling

With heavy breaths, I took a deep breath and uttered the words that I thought would change everything we have.

"I like you, Chen-ssi ever since day one (a/n: ever since Day6 ㅋㅋㅋ kidding)" I looked up to him to meet his gaze, giving him one of the sweetest smiles I could ever muster.

His features changed from his usual grinning self to a worried one.

Right then and there, I felt my heart sank.

He hasn't even said a single word but I already know what he was about to say, here goes my fear of rejection acting up again.

Chen removed my hand from his sleeve and held my hand with both of his.

He stared into my eyes and gave me a sad smile.

"Ara-ssi, you know that you're like my yeodongsaeng (little sister) already right? That's why I act towards you that way. I didn't think that people would give it meaning. I didn't know that you gave it meaning too. I don't want to ruin our friendship. You're like the little sister I never had, you know? I care for you more than anyone else, more than myself, even, because I want to protect you"

"You could've rejected me painfully Chen-ssi. Not this. Stop talking to me with your flowery words, you're making it harder for me. You're making me fall for you even more when you can't even save and catch me. 제발 (please) just stop." I thought as I felt a pang on my chest.

It did hurt.

You were my first love.