Chapter 7

Jessica's P.O.V

"Mark, let me start off by saying I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you endure for the sins of my exes, but you have to understand. Do you understand?"

My teddy bear remained perfectly still and I sighed. This was making me crazy. I wanted Mark more than I wanted air sometimes, but I was so scared. It was like stepping out on a ledge and not knowing if anyone was going to be there to help you over. I want to heal my broken heart and be with Mark, but it was so painful.

The knock on my door, took me out of my thoughts and into reality.

"I'm coming!" I shouted and heaved myself off my chair. I opened my front door and there stood Mark, looking perfectly delectable I might add.

"Mark-"

"Shush Jessica," he held a finger to my mouth, "I love you. It took me some time to see it and I know it's a long shot Jessica, but I will fight for you. I want to help you heal, I don't care about anything but you. I want you, I need you in my life. I'm incomplete without you, I want you more than I want air. Please Jessica."

"Mark... I wanna try. I wanna try to be a good girlfriend for you, I wanna be that girl you want. I don't care if I have to lose a million pounds."

"No, you are perfect, do you understand me? I don't want you to lose an inch off your perfect body, okay?"

I nodded and Mark's lips fell against mine. My stomach hit the floor and I could hardly stand. Mark must have known how I felt because he placed his hand on my spine and massaged gently.

His lips parted mine's briefly, but they soon regained the kiss. The back of my head hit the wall and my fingers disobeyed my every command by buttoning down Mark's dress shirt.

His torso was a perfectly toned masterpiece beneath his shirt. A six pack sat there waiting for me, calling me.

"I love you and I want you, but I have to meet your father at the station." Mark whispered against my ear lobe.

I nodded and he placed a kiss along my cheek before buttoning up his shirt again and again and pecking my lips once more.

I wasn't sure what just occurred, but I liked it.