Chapter 10

Mark's P.O.V

Jessica's tears didn't stop. She continued to cry until dried tears covered her face and she was fast asleep on my chest. Her breathing was somewhat relaxing against mine as I tried to process everything. My intentions had never been to be a cop, I never even considered it before Jessica, but now I actually wanted to do it. I loved working with animals, but that could be put on the sidelines until I got finished with the force.

I rubbed my thumb up and down Jessica's back and my breath caught in my throat. She was fucking gorgeous. We'd never really talked about being intimate even though we shared some pretty good kisses. I could feel my body warming up as thoughts of me laying kisses up and down her body filled my mine. Her responding to me with sensual moans and bucking her hips.

I could feel myself become rock behind my zipper. I tried to shift so Jessica wouldn't feel just how much I wanted her, but I failed.

"Mark?" Jessica questioned sleepily.

"Yes?" I responded and licked my lips.

"There's an erection in my back." She joked with a smile. I quickly sat up and Jessica transferred her head to my shoulder. She kissed my shoulder blade and grabbed my chin. She placed a kiss on my jaw and then moved up to my lips.

"Jessica-" I started, but she silenced me with another kiss to my mouth. I fought hard against the desire leaking from my every pore. I wanted her. I wanted her bad.

As Jessica's lips moved against my mouth, I found her bottom lip and took it between my teeth. I felt myself rubbing up and down her thigh. This felt so good. So right.

"Mark?" Jessica questioned as my lips moved from her lips to her neck. I found the soft spot of skin and kissed it gently. "I'm not ready." She whispered and pulled away from me.

We sat at opposite ends of the couch desperately trying to piece together what in the hell just happened. I didn't move. I didn't speak. I was just waiting for her to say something, anything.

"Baby?" I finally questioned when the silence had grown unbearable.

"I'm not mad Mark." Jessica stated and I let go a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. "I'm just scared Mark."

"Scared of what? Of me?"

"Of the desire Mark, of what you'll think of me."

"What are you talking about baby?" I pulled her into my side and wrapped an arm around her. She laid her head on my shoulder.

"I'm fat Mark." Jessica nearly yelled. I was angry now. Not mad at her, but mad at everyone who made her feel less than perfect.

I grabbed Jessica's chin and forced her to look in my eyes.

"You are fucking gorgeous, do you understand that? There is not a God given curve on you that isn't perfect. I didn't fall in love with you Jessica, because I wanted some silicon Barbie bitch, I fell in love with you. Your personality, your laugh, your smile." I could go on all day about what I loved about Jessica, but she still didn't seem to believe me.

"I already told you Mark, I'm broken vase, I'm fractured, I'm scared."

"I know that baby, but when a vase has fractures it's a warning to anyone who touches it that it needs to be handled with care. It's a warning that's it not just your every day vase, it's fragile, it's priceless. I love you so much Jessica, I want you to stop thinking about what people want you to be and start focusing on what you are. Take me for example, I'm ugly as hell, but do I give a damn?"

Jessica laughed and kissed my cheek.

"You're not ugly Mark."

"I know, I had to make you feel better though." I joked and Jessica punched my shoulder. I held the spot as if it had hurt badly and began fake tears.

"It didn't hurt that bad Mark."

"Kiss it, make it better."

Jessica placed her lips on my shoulder and then brought her lips to mine.

"I love you so much Mark."

"How can you not?" I smirked which earned me another punch and kiss.

I continued to laugh and play with Jessica, but I couldn't shake the thought that I'd be moving in a few days out of my head.

Author's Note

Do you guys know how long it's been? Way to long and I'm so sorry for that. For some reason my mind tricks me into believing I've updated when really I haven't. I know, I'm crazy. I tried to make this update a little longer because of the delay, but I swear I'll be updating regularly. Also, you can blame the lack of updates on the not one, but two new stories I'm working on for you guys. I'm working out all the kinks and they should be being published soon. That's all I can say for now. Vote, comment, and follow. Thank you.