Chapter 12

Mark's P.O.V

I was surprisingly confident leaving Jessica's house. I had helped and pushed her all I could, but I learned you couldn't love someone who didn't first love themselves. I knew I wanted to love Jessica, but she wouldn't let me and that was her problem not mine. I drove home and finished packing the rest of my bags and that was when it truly hit.

What if Jessica never started loving herself? What if she hurt herself or worse? Guilt crept up on me in a way I had never felt it. Laughing was my coping mechanism. If something was stressing me, I would just make a joke about it and laugh my worries away, but I couldn't with this. Jessica was to important to just laugh off.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and continued loading bags into my truck. Theodore wasn't home because he said he couldn't stand seeing me leave. Theo was going to stay in the house and hopefully keep my room clean in case I decided to come home on weekends or something.

"All packed." I whispered to myself and it was beginning to truly settle in that was going to be leaving the home I had come to know as mine. I'd be in a new house, new town, and surrounded by new people. It was almost like starting a new school in a new place. I had barely even heard of this new town and it obviously had a high crime rate. I was suspecting drugs since besides speeding and some theft, drugs was a big hitter in country towns.

I placed a kiss on the brick house. I placed the key under the mat and turned around to see Jessica. She had obviously been crying and was shaking from the cold air.

"You're right Mark, I don't love myself. I doubt myself, I compare myself to other people, but I don't want to lose you. You make me feel good and beautiful Mark and I don't think I will ever have that with anyone else. I know I can't just start accepting myself for what I am overnight, but I wanna try."

I wrapped my arms around here. I was so easy to give to forgive even though I had told her I wasn't coming back only hours earlier. I laughed at the thought and kissed the top of her forehead.

"Can I come with you Mark?"

I looked I to Jessica's brown eyes.

"You sure?"

"I wanna be where ever you are baby."

I planted a kiss on her lips and ran my hands up and down her sides.

"I was never gonna leave you."

The fact that I would have Jessica at my side made the whole moving thing a little more bearable. After packing up Jessica's stuff, we made our way to the new town. Our new town.