Story prolong

First person pov: Minho

"how do I always get stuck with you when it's time to hunt?" gally breaths out in annoyance, crossing his arms as I fall off the log I was trying to balance on.

"yeah, I could say the same." I retort back as I get up and dust myself off.

I hate hunting with gally, he is always a stick in the mud who doesn't wanna do anything but get his job done and get it over with. Which don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with doing your job, but there is nothing wrong with having a little fun while doing it either. Which I have tried to tell him countless times to no avail. But luckily for me, I only have to hunt with him until Ben gets better since gally is only filling in for him since he is hurt. And to be completely honest, I don't even need anybody to hunt with me (which makes it even worse) I would be perfectly fine with being by my self but apparently, Thomas thinks that having somebody with me helps me focus. Because and I quote, "you're to busy messing to actually hunt, so if you take somebody with you then they can help you stay on track." I mean , come on, you gotta be kidding me! Oh, and that reminds me, I need to pull that prank on Ben I've been meaning to pull since, forever.

" yeah, whatever," he replies rolling his eyes as he uncrosses his arms and starts to walk towards the creek. Breaking me out of my thoughts.

"where are you going?" I asked questioningly, crossing my arms.

"to do your job," he replies, raising his voice when he says "your"

Rolling my eyes, I sigh and start to walk in the direction he is walking.

"you wait till I get back Thomas, " I grumble as I run to catch up with gally, who is now full-blown running towards the creek.

Laughing as I pass him, I keep running as fast as I can towards the creek, only stopping when I'm a few feet away from the shore. Not wanting to scare any prey animals that might be drinking or are even close to the creek.

Feeling accomplished, I turn around and watch as gally comes running full speed behind me, only to fall moments later.

"That's what you get for being a jerk!" I say, voicing my thoughts when I see gally slip and fall into a pile of leaves, before I burst out into a laughing fit.

Wiping the tears out of my eyes from laughing so hard, I walk over to where gally fell to see him scowling at me with rage-filled eyes. Earning another laughing fit from me at how stupid he looks, but this time it doesn't take me long to gain my composer.

'guess I should help' i think to myself as I reach my hand out to help hoist him up. Reluctantly he grabs onto my hand and I pull him up, watching as he dusts himself off until I hear something strange that drags my attention away from him.

Deciding to ignore the noise when I don't hear it anymore, I turn my attention back towards gally who is standing there with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. Which I would have made a smart remark about if I wouldn't have heard that strange high pitched noise again. (though I will make a note to comment on his face later)

After hearing it a few more times I Decide I can't just blow it off anymore when I hear it for the millionth time, I decide to ask gally if he heard it because if not I'm going crazy.

"did you hear that?" I ask when I hear the sound again.

"Yeah, I've been hearing it, I thought it might have been from me falling through." he shrugs, " what do you think it is?"