Part 3

I can't help but stare in awe at the Beautiful trees that greet me with waving arms as a gentle breeze ruffles their leaves or the beautiful gem-blue creek the rushes past them before disappearing beside a giant building made of sanded down logs. Not to mention the bright green grass and the choir of birds chirping along to a song that they can only understand.

Everything is just so beautiful that it almost stuns me as I look around. I've been so used to burnt trees and dry, dusty, earth that I figured everyone lived like that. No food or even if you did get food the leader always ate first, which I thought was wrong, but that must have been just me considering every other omega that I trusted to tell scoffed and only answered with "he needs the food to stay strong and protect the pack." I've never agreed with this though, considering he's the alpha of one of the most feared packs that live around here. The other being a pack just to the north of my old packs territory called group B that is made up of mostly female alphas and a few female betas. No omegas that anyone knows of, but then again it's hard to really know considering how locked down and conservative they are. I've heard quite a lot of scouts mention seeing female omegas that smelled of group B but nobody really knows if they are lying or telling the truth, so most brush it off or take it with a grain of salt.

"you like it?" I hear Thomas ask, breaking me out of my thoughts.

Like it is an understatement, I think to myself as I watch the butterflies flitter and dance above the narrow creek before landing on the small flowers that grow beside it.

"It's beautiful." I mumble, redirecting my gaze to look at Thomas. I almost wonder if those words where meant for him when I turn to see him standing with his back towards the sun, making his hair glow a brilliant bright brown as a small affectionate smile plays on his lips.

"you're welcome to stay if you want," he says as he reaches over and grabs my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine.

I almost think it's a joke when I hear the words come out of his mouth. It's not like alphas to let random people join their pack. Most of the time they will either run them off or keep them as a prisoner to see what their pack will trade for them. Some might even kill the intruders as a sign of war or a warning but I've never seen it done before, only talked about by a few guards that sit outside the omega den. But the thought only lasts a split second before it vanishes. I can tell this alpha isn't like the others. His eyes don't show humor or the dark glint that flickered in the alphas that walked around my old pack. His shine with kindness and love as he moves his gaze to meet mine.

I can feel my heart constrict and hurt at the thought of leaving the alpha that stands beside me. leaving the only alpha that made me feel worth something, even if it was only for a short time. I don't want to leave and know that I may never smell his intoxicating scent or see his beautiful brown eyes again.

"yes, please," I whisper, watching as the worried expression I didn't notice on the alphas face before, disappears.

"well then, " he smiles, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him. "welcome to the glade." he finishes as he kisses me passionately on the lips.

Is there an award for the shortest chapter in the world? Because if so I deserve one!

I'm so sorry for the ridiculously short chapter! I feel really bad ending that chapter there but I couldn't just not end it there! The scene was to cute!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and as always comments, votes and constructive criticism is welcomed!

I'll be pack soon!