Chapter 4

"Want me to get y'all shanks a room?" Someone says.

Startled, I break the kiss and spin around to where the voice came from to see a dark-skinned boy with raven black hair standing behind me with a smirk playing on his face. It doesn't take long for me to determine the boys an alpha, even if the wind is blowing the wrong way for me to smell him. I can tell by his demeanor and the tone that he laces in his question. Though the tone isn't challenging or commanding like I presumed it would be, its friendly and mostly jokey but still carries his authority and rank. Definitely nothing like the alphas in my old pack which walked around like they owned the place and everything in it. Well, that is until the real alpha showed up and they were to caught up with following orders or doing stuff they were supposed to do long ago to really order anyone around.

"slim it, Minho." I hear Thomas retort. "can't you see we were having a moment?" he finishes, breaking me out of my thoughts as he wraps his arms around my waist.

The raven-haired alpha who Thomas addressed as Minho, laughs.

"Yeah, " he chuckles before putting his hands out. "everyone in the glade can see it."

My breath hitches in my throat at the boys reply as I look around and see at least 21 boys staring in our direction. Most look to be betas from what I can tell as they nudge at one another before smirking. some even start laughing at what someone whispers to them as the person points and makes a stupid face but that's not what makes my breath hitch. It's an alpha who is leaning against the sanded down log building that I saw when I first exited the building I was assigned Too. He isn't nudging or laughing like most of the other boys that are scattered around what Thomas calls the glade. He's completely still as he glares at me with cold, expressionless, eyes and a scowl that sends shivers down my spine.

I can sense his hatred and disgust from where I stand and it makes my heart sink. He reminds me of a lot of the alphas from my old pack but I don't recall ever seeing him before. Though I could blame that on the omega den since I stayed locked in there most of the time, that is quickly rounded out though when I sniff the air and find no trace of my old packs scent. I don't understand how this alpha could hate me if he and I never met unless he was one of the one's my old pack attacked but Even if he was would he blame me for their murderous ways that I had no control over?

"newt, " Thomas says, tightening his arms around me. "you okay?"

I whimper slightly as I lean into Thomas embrace, taking comfort in his scent and the warmth radiating from his body. I look back to find the angry alpha talking with a brown-haired boy I didn't notice walk up. I can't help but stare as he slaps the brown-haired boy on the back, his eyes wrinkling at the corners in a genuine laugh. He almost looks like a completely different person and I almost think I was imaging his scowl until the brown-haired boy walks away. I wince as he shoots daggers into me one last time before he walks away and disappears around the corner of another building.

"Newt?"

Reluctantly, I pull my gaze away from the corner the alpha disappeared behind to see Thomas staring at me. I feel a pang of sadness shoot through my heart as I see the worried expression that is unmistakably plastered across the alphas face.

"I'm fine." I tell him quickly as I spin is his arms to face him.  I give him a half hearted smile, feeling bad for making the alpha worry.

He looks at me skeptically before placing a kiss onto my forehead.

"You know you can tell me what's wrong." He says, "I'm always here for you and nothing will ever change that."

I can feel my heart melt at the genuineness that laces his voice, and my eyes sting as he gives me a reassuring smile that I can't help but return. For once in my entire life on this earth I feel safe. I feel no sadness or fear as he hugs me close to him. I would even go as far as to say I feel invincible. Like nothing could touch me as long as he is here to keep me safe.

"If y'all don't stop, I'm gonna get cavities"  I hear Minho say with a fake, annoyed, tone.

I can't help but laugh as Thomas pulls away from me and flips Minho off before laughing himself.

"You pick the worst times to show up. It's like you do it on purpose or something." Thomas says before a look of realization washes over his face. "You do it on purpose, don't you?"

"Man," Minho replies through a laugh. "Took you long enough to notice." He finishes as he wipes the tears from his eyes.

I here Thomas sigh before he pinches the bridge of his nose, trying to fake an annoyed look. "Do you see what I live with?" He says, turning towards me before gesturing towards Minho who is still laughing.

I chuckle at his reaction and look towards Minho to see him wiping his eyes for the second time to rid them of tears before taking a deep breath and sighing.

"Ok, I actually did come over to ask you a question." He says, slightly out of breath due to laughing. "We're still having the bonfire thing tonight, right?"

"Bonfire?" I echo questioningly, slightly confused by the term.

Thomas eyes light up happily as turn towards me.

"It's a celebration we do every full moon to welcome new members of the pack or just to have a good time." He explains. "You'll love it!"

"I'll take that as a yes." Minho replies before running of and screaming "bonfire night is still on, so y'all shanks get out here and help me set up!"
--------------------
Ok, so first I wanna start off with an apology if this was bad or not my best chapter because I was actually sitting on a display couch in Walmart while my mom shopped. XD

Oh, and I didn't forget the smut I'm just trying to find the right place to fit it in. I know smut can either make a book or break it and I definitely don't wanna break this book with it. I am still gonna add it though, I just gotta find out where. Who knows, things my get kinda crazy at the bonfire XD

Also, I just wanna thank you all so much for all the support and comments on this book!
I actually just hit 1k views and I couldn't have done it without you guys! All the love for you! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

And remember! constructive criticism and feedback is always welcomed!  So feel free to speak your mind in the comments!

Ok, I'll stop boring you with my rant now and as always... I'll be pack soon!

"When?" Thomas says, dragging my attention away from the scowling alpha as I tune into there conversation.

"Yesterday, " Minho replies.