Part 1

First person POV: Newt

I awake to a dull ache underlying the numbness of the left side of my neck and am enveloped by the crisp smell of a lush, green forest that has been washed by rain.

Even before I open my eyes I know I'm not at my old packs territory.

The scent here is crisp and refreshing, not tainted and burned like my old packs scent. The air is warm and refreshing, almost welcoming. Nothing like the air that surrounded my old pack, which was dry and suffocating due to the fires that broke out last summer, leaving it dry and burnt with little foliage and even littler prey.

Where am I?

When I do decide to open my eyes, my vision is sleep-blurred and untrustworthy. All I see are blurred shapes and colors that are lit by what I'm assuming to be the sun, shining in through a square window. I try to rub away the sleep fogging my vision with my left hand as I use my right to steady myself as I sit up, but as I do I hear someone speak.

"you're awake!" I hear it exclaim, it's voice high-pitched and squeaky as if the person is excited.

Startled, I open my eyes to see a small kid starring at me as he sits in a chair that's placed in front of my bed. With my vision still being slightly blurred, I squint my eyes which helps me see the boy more clearly. He looks to be a short pudgy omega with curly Brown hair and a pink blush that paints across his face as he smiles ear to ear at me.

I know I should be at least the slightest bit scared, even if I'm not frightened by the omega boy in front of me, but I'm not. I'm actually relieved to be greeted by a smiling omega and not a fuming alpha with glowing eyes and bared fangs. I'm relieved to be embraced by the warm, refreshing breeze that rushes through the window to the left of me, only to envelope me in a warm hug. unlike the suffocating, burnt wind, that strangled me every day as I woke up. Even if I don't know where I am or how I got here, it still feels more welcoming and homey than my old pack, which never felt like home nor welcoming no matter how bad I wanted it to.

"-found you." I hear, snapping out of my thoughts when I realized I didn't catch a word the omega boy said.

"what?" I ask, confused by what the boy meant by "found you".

"I said, it's a good thing Minho found you," he replies .

"found me?" I say, voicing the question that runs through my mind when the boy is done speaking,

He looks slightly confused by my question, but luckily it only lasts a second before a wave of realization washes over his face.

"Oh, that's right, you probably don't remember," he exclaims as he sits up straighter in his chair. "well, a friend of mine named Minho found you in the woods behind a tree while he was out hunting for the day. He said you looked pretty out of it and that you had a really bad wound that made you lose a lot of blood on your neck, so he decided to bring you back here so clint could fix you up."

At the mention of the wound, my hand subconsciously goes up to cover it, only to be met with a soft fabric that covers the entire expanse of the wound. leaving no damaged skin exposed.

"it's a good thing too because Clint said a few more minutes and you probably would have died with a wound like that." he finishes, pointing at the left side of my neck where the cloth is securely fastened.

"yeah, " I reply, rubbing my thump slowly over the soft cloth as an imagine of bared fangs and yellow, slitted eyes, flash in front of my eyes.

"you alright?" I hear the omega boy ask as I flinch away from the image painted in front of my eyes.

"y-yeah." I manage to stutter out, as I pry my eyes away from the wall I was staring at to face the omega boy.

"you sure, because I could go get clint if something was wrong." he replies questioningly with a worries expression.

"no, everythings fine. But what has been bothering me is your name. What is it?" I ask the boy, trying to change the subject as quick as possible.

"oh yeah, sorry, my name is Chuck. I probably should have told you that before everything else." he chuckles.

"well, nice to meet you, Chuck." I say, flashing him a smile as I reach my hand out for him to shake. "mines newt."

"nice to meet you too, newt." he smiles as he reaches out and shakes my hand, gently before pulling away with a gasp.

"whats wrong?" I ask, worried that I did something wrong. Even though I don't know what I could have did wrong considering it was just a handshake.

"i forgot!" he exclaims as he gets up and heads quickly to the door to the right of me.

"forgot what?" I call out questioningly as he opens the door to leave.

"thomas!" He calls back before shutting the door behind him.

"thomas?" I whisper to myself as I watch the boy run past the square window to the left of me, only to disappear from view seconds later.
----–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for taking forever with this chapter! I literally had this wrote like 2 days ago and ended up deleting it all because I had a better plot. XD forgive me!

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed, and I hope you stick around for the rest of this book and maybe others!

Ok, that's all!

I'll be pack soon! (God, I know.) XD