Chapter 1/ This Years New Genin Teams

Chapter 1 (revised)

Author Note

First, I want to say thank you to everyone for reading my first fanfiction on this site. As of now, it will be of epic-length that will be subdivided into at least three books within the book itself. Bellow are the summaries for the current books.

Book 1 (ch 1-60): Starting from the formation of Team 7, watch as during their first mission Naruto meets the Kyuubi and strikes a deal with his inner demon. From there, Naruto begins his quest to understand not only the power that was sealed inside him at birth, but also his own power. Watch as he begins the journey to become what he was born to be, an Uzumaki.

Book 2 (ch 61-70): Jiraiya and Naruto have officially left on their 2-3 year long training trip. With the help of one of the Legendary Sanin, watch as Naruto grows into the ninja that he could once only dream about. However, not all is as it seems with this 'simple' training trip. A dangerous enemy with a decade-old grudge is beginning to move and Naruto will have to do everything in his power to become stronger in order to survive. Not only that, but he'll have to deal with Jiraiya's attempts to bring out his inner-perv.

Book 3 (ch 70-onward): not available yet.

This story will be rated M for violence, language, other adult content, and potential lemons during Book 3. Book 1 may be able to pass as 'T', but as the characters grow and mature, the contents of the book will as well.

This story features a stronger and more mature Naruto, but at a progressive and realistic pace. However, while he may grow into a stronger and more mature individual, Naruto is still Naruto and he will still have his moments. This also features a seal-master Naruto later on and takes a look at what it would be like if Sasuke never got the curse mark and left the village.

Pairings in this story currently are: Naru/Hina (minor development starts around ch 19 with major development around chapter 25). Sasu/Saku (begins ch 59). Shika/Tema, Neji/Ten, and Shino/Fu (these are minor pairings at the moment, but will see more development starting in book 3). Other pairings have yet to be announced or determined.

There may be minor bashing. If I do include some bashing of major characters (Konoha 12 for example) it won't last too long and is usually used in character development. I will only consistently bash those who I feel truly deserve to be bashed (council, Hyuga main branch [not including Hiashi/Hanabi/Hinata], Orochimaru, and Danzo).

Enjoy.

A/N: Hey everyone, I am currently in the process of going through and editing the spelling and grammar in this story. This will be rather timely process, so if you see a spelling mistake, please just bear with me. I am also changing the names to the Japanese arrangement (ex. Uzumaki Naruto). This was a convention that was started later in the story and I am simply making things smoother. The same thing with the underlining of jutsu names. Again, please bear with me while these changes are implemented.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or its characters

"Normal speech"

"Normal thought"

"Demonic speech/extremely pissed off Tsunade"

"demonic thought"

Jutsu/technique

Note: Just a quick heads up, this chapter is more of a refresher on the events surrounding Naruto actually becoming a genin (aka bell test). If you do not feel like reading the Bell Test, then I suggest you skip to the next chapter where I will delve a little into some of the first missions of Naruto and his friends. However, I do suggest you read the A/N at the end of this chapter.