Chapter 7/ The New Team 7

Chapter 7: The New Team 7

Team 7 met up early the next morning at training ground 7. Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and their new teammate, Haku, arrived at the normal 9:00 am time. Like always, Kakashi was a few hours late, showing up around 11:00am.

"You're Late!" the older members of team 7 shouted in unison.

"Sorry, but you see a black cat crossed my path and I felt that I should take the long way to avoid any…unfortunate happenings" Kakashi said. No one believed him. "Anyways, the main thing I want to do is get the four of you used to working together. Also, I want to see what Haku is capable of."

Haku agreed to show the team some of his techniques. They already knew about his Hyoton: Demonic Ice Mirrors, so he decided to move onto his other main ice technique, Hyoton: Ice Dome. That jutsu turned out to be a defensive jutsu that created a dome around Haku. Kakashi decided to test out the ice dome's strength. Much to his surprise it withstood a good beating, requiring some of Kakashi's more powerful techniques to break the defense. Even though the team already knew about Haku's accuracy, they were still impressed at just how accurate he was using senbon. Although Kakashi tried to convince him to use a more powerful weapon, Haku stuck by using the senbon as he had the skill required to effectively use them. The only other techniques that Haku was able to use were the Suiton: Sharp Water Needles and another low level water type technique. Still, Kakashi was impressed that someone so young could already make use of two elements. At the same time, this worried him because he could see Naruto and Sasuke becoming more and more jealous of Haku's abilities. The two of them finally cracked.

"Kakashi-sensei! Teach us a cool jutsu or something!" Naurto said. "We've already passed the water walking exercise and now it's time you teach us something useful." For once, both Sasuke and Sakura actually agreed with him.

Kakashi closed his eyes and began thinking for a moment. "Alright. I suppose the three of you have shown me that you are ready to begin some ninjutsu training. Let's call it an early day. I'll go to the jutsu library and pick out a jutsu for each of you that I feel best suits you. Now here's the deal, I'll give you the entire morning to work on them, but you will be doing whatever missions we get in the afternoon without complaining. Do we have a deal?"

"Yes!" Naruto shouted out. Sasuke and Sakura quickly responded as well. "Oh man! This is great! Finally, a new jutsu!"

Later that evening, the team met up for dinner as was suggested by Kakashi. "So Haku, tell us a little about yourself" Sakura asked.

"Huh? What do you mean?" the new member said.

"Well, you didn't live in Konoha and it sounds like you were traveling a lot. I'm sure you must have some interesting stories" the pink-haired kunoichi explained.

"Well, I guess I could tell you about me" Haku said as the rest of the team listened in. Haku began to tell his story.

"I was born in a small village in the northern part of the Land of Water. It got cold enough there that it would snow a lot, which I guess could be why I can use ice style. It was a peaceful village despite the fact that our nation was at war. My father was a normal man, no shinobi training. He preferred to live a simple life as a farmer. One day, he met my mother and they fell in love. My mother seemed like a normal woman, although she used to be a shinobi. She was able to keep her abilities hidden due to the fact that the people of my village hated ninja. They saw them as responsible for the recent civil war and wanted nothing to do with them. To be with my father, my mother gave up her life as a ninja and settled down. Shortly after, I was born. At first, my father wasn't sure if I was a boy or girl because of my appearance, but my mother quickly explained that it was a common trait amongst her family that even the males had a feminine look to them. Everything was fine until I was five. One day, I showed my mother something that I thought was cool and amazing. It was my Hyton abilities. I thought I saw a little bit of happiness in her eyes, but I was scolded for doing so. I guess she didn't want me using it fearing that it would cause problems within our family…"