Chapter 1

Waking up to the sound of my doorbell ringing nonstop might not be the best way to wake up on my birthday, but i did not seem to have much of a choice.

As i opened my eyes, the doorbell still going off might i remind you, i can see my alarm clock saying it was four thirty in the morning. With my amazing bad luck my birthday this year is on a Friday, witch means i have school. 

Walking in to a school filled with 18 year olds and younger people when you are 21 is not what i call the perfect day, but yet again, no choice.

I don't blame Emelie for the whole school fiasco. Even though it was her fault, i would have never met my best friend.

Sofie Aleman, a pain in the ass but the light in my life.

I get up from my bed and head straight to the front doors, i already know who it is so i don't bother putting on other clothes.

Before opening the door i just rest my hand on one of the handles and take a deep breath, because i know that when i open up, i will probably end up on the floor.

Turning the handle i prepare for the worst and close my eyes.

"What the hell took you so long!" Sofie screams and jumps on, this time only falling down herself as i was prepared this time. Turning around and seeing her on the floor was to much for me as i started to silently laugh under my breath.

"Are you going to get up?"

She looks at me with a playful glare and lays her head down onto the cold marble floor.

"Why stand when you can just lay on the floor?"

I close the door behind me and lay down beside her, staring up at the chandelier in the high ceiling.

"happy birthday" I hear beside me, looking over at Sofie i can see her lips turning into a smile.

"Don't remind me, i already have had a crap morning since you decided to come here way to early" I say remembering the time.

"shut up, i'm making pancakes, go get dressed." She says as she stands up to the kitchen.

I groan and take a dramatically long time getting up from the floor, as i'm walking to my room i hear a loud crash in the kitchen and stop in my tracks.

"What are you doing!? You said pancakes not vandalization!" I scream from where i stand.

"Sorry!"

"Jesus" i mutter under my breath as i continue to my room.

I don't really care about fashion that much, so i just put on some jeans and a cropped hoodie, but i keep looking through my walking closet, looking at old things.

In the middle of the room there is a dresser, and on top i put stuff like shoes and jewelry from when i was little, i spot a necklace laying in a small box, picking it up and opening i touch the necklace and see that it's a small bird made out of silver with a blue rhinestone.

As i touch the bird, flashes of memories of some sorts comes flooding through my mind, i'm sitting on the couch, then Emelie sitting beside me, handing me a gift, the necklace.

I gasp and drop the box on the floor, but quickly pick it back up and put it back, it is not the first time that has happened so i don't freak out as much as i used to.

Grabbing my handy flip phone from my side table i go back downstairs and  in to the kitchen to see Sofie trying (and failing) to flip pancakes, i take a seat at the kitchen counter and watch as Sofie is still trying to be a good chef.

"You know i really want to smack that stupid smile of your face right now" She says as i giggle at her skills in the kitchen.

"You can always try."

"Try i will. But not today, i'm supposed to be nice."

"Not doing a great job at it" I laugh

"I'm making you breakfast!"

"Okay fine, fine." 

We sit and talk for a while, until all the pancakes are done and we move to the living room and turn on the tv, for a terrible chef, the pancakes were not bad.

"Ready for school?" She asks me as she takes away the dishes.

I wasn't really exited for school at all, i'm sort of an outcast, i only hang with Sofie anyway and have talked to some other students but i wasn't bullied or anything, i was just so bored of it all.

I have never even left Florida once in my entire life, what i know of anyway, and i wanted to see the world. Not just sit behind a desk everyday, but nevertheless i have to put up my happy facade in front of Sofie.

"Yup, lets go"

*

Standing by my locker and doing the best i can at hiding from humanity, now don't get me wrong, people all great, if you are a people person, and that i am not.

I lost Sofie after she went to her own locker, witch is tragic because now i have no one to save me if i run in to the cool girls.

They walk past this corridor every morning at the exakt same time, walking like they should be in slowmotion, eugh.

Closing my locker i turn around and lean back just waiting for the to pass by.

To grant my wishes Sofie returns and stands next to me, she does not say anything since she knows what i'm doing.

3.

2.

1.

And just as the clock strikes 9 the populars round the corner, everyone careful not to stand in the way. I watch as they walk, seeing their hips move in an non human way.

They wave at Sofie as the walk by us, since she is friends with everyone.

"So, shall we go?"

"Lets just hide her until the cool kids are gone."

Authors note: So here is a little look into Alex's life, don't worry Bucky will be coming in the story soon enough