Chapter 16

I felt a hard and cold surface underneath me, making me uncomfortable.

I tried to lift my hand but they were stuck on each side of my, but this time it wasn't ropes, it was metal.

My eyes fly open, and i try to sit up, but there is a belt over my chest stopping me from moving.

I try to look down but my head is also trapped in place.

As i feel myself start to panic i hear a door opening, but not a metal one like in the room i used to be in, but a wooden one.

"Hello?" I ask, a slight shake in my voice.

Out of the corner of my eye i see a female in a white doctors jacket, doing something with white sticker's or something.

Then i hear footsteps on the other side of the room, meaning more than one person is in here.

I try to break free, hating the feeling of not being able to move, but this time they made sure to secure it tight.

The woman on my right walk up to me, putting the stickers on my temples, hooking them up to wires, but i can't see were they lead to.

"This might hurt little, but not to much. don't worry." She soothes, but it does the opposite.

"Don't worry?! Are you fucking kidding me?!" I shout, my eyes widening.

All of a sudden i feel a weird stinging sensation in my head, worse than a headache but not to bad.

I close my eyes as tight as i can, trying to think of something else.

But all that comes to mind is Sofie, so i start to focus on the pain instead.

It finally stops after a few minutes, and i take a deep breath, feeling exhausted.

I have been asleep for what feels like days, but as I'm laying here and my mind is shutting down once again, i feel like sleeping even more.

Third POV

The scientist walk to Brentlinger's office, trying to not turn around and walk out of there.

But as she opens the door he is already waiting for her, sitting in his chair looking towards the door.

"So?" He asks, gently tapping his fingers against his desk.

"The test came back negative, we don't see any weird movements and her vitals are normal." She answers, holding a folder with Alexandra's information in it.

"So the serum didn't work." He states, more to himself than anything else.

"Well we cant be sure of that, we believe that if we do a few more tests something will come out of it." She explains, taking another step into the room.

"Like what?" He demands, but sits still in his chair.

"We want to check her body reaction to pain, torture." She hesitates.

"Do it, i don't care how much she screams, just get me some positive answers." He says, and leans back in his chair, waiting for the woman to leave.

She nodes her head and closes the door behind her, going to prepare the passed out Alexandra.

Alex's POV

This time when i woke up, it was soft underneath me, and i opened my eyes to see myself on a mattress, in the room i started out in.

I sighed and put my head back down, not wanting or having the strength to move.

I was still feeling tired, and whatever they did to me before is taking its toll, making me nauseous.

Fighting to get into a sitting position as i rub my eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them.

When i decide to look around i see that the chair was gone, and they had switched he lightbulbs in the lamp so it was shining stronger than before.

I jump when the door opens, revealing the woman with the doctors jacket, and i bang my head back against the wall, feeling like i'm never going to get a break.

But she isn't alone, because after her comes two men, one carrying a gun and the other a chair.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." I say under my breath as the on with the gun grabs me and easily gets me off the mattress and onto the chair.

They tie me to it again, but i don't fight it, i just let it happen, since i know what they are doing.

But I'm not going to show my powers, because then they will use me as their weapon, and i would rather have them kill me than that.

"Just get it over with." I say, making eye contact with the woman.

She nods to one of the men, and he takes a knife out of his pocket, taking me by surprise as i shake my head and try to move away, realizing that i should not have let the tie me down.

"Nevermind, i could do without that." I panic and raise my voice as the other man raises his gun pointing it at me just in case.

I see the knife coming closer to me and the next thing i know he lodges it in my leg, making me let out a scream of pain, the tears pouring out of my eyes.

This goes on for sometime, the knife cutting me on my legs, and arms.No doubt leaving scars.

But then i remember through the pain that the last time i got a wound it closed itself, and i started to panic even more, thinking they would notice my super healing.

I was looking at the ground when they stopped, my hair in front of my eyes and sweat everywhere, tears still going down my cheeks.

"Nothing." I hear the woman mumble, and i let out a sarcastic laugh, not having enough strength to cry.

"Do it." She then said, and one of the men left, leaving me to wonder how they were going to torture me next.

When he comes back inside he throws something on the ground in front of me, and it takes awhile for me to see what it is through my hair.

But then i realize it's Sofie's Aurora lunchbox from when we were kids, and i feel my heart going down into the pit of my stomach.

"Where did you get that?" I whispered, trying to not shake.

They didn't answer, but just watched me, seeing if i would do something.

I felt anger rising in my throat, and i wanted to try and throw them through the wall, but i didn't, and instead i took a deep breath, and looked up at them spitting towards their feet.

"Nothing." The woman said again.

"Go tell the boss, he will want to kill her himself." She said and i hung my head again, waiting for death to come.