Chapter 8

"Please do." Sofie says with a shaky voice, looking me right in the eyes, then moving her gaze to Bucky, then back to me again.

Since i don't really know what to say i stand there looking like an idiot for what feels like a long time.

I'm in shock myself right now after i succeeded to finally use my mind to move something, i have been trying to do that since i was eight.

"Actually can i clean up first." I stutter out, trying to stall.

"No, you can't." Sofie whispers back, slightly shaking her head no.

"Damn, okay. Just wait for like a few second." I say, immediately going into actiong, grabbing Bucky and leading him out of the room.

"Can you clean up while i talk to her upstairs or something?" I ask, sounding desperate.

"Yeah, i can. But be careful okay, don't say anything stupid." He says starting to walk back to the kitchen,

"Thanks for the confidence." I say under my breath, still certain he heard it.

I see him going straight for a broom and i lead Sofie up to my room, setting her still shocked body on the bed, while i sit down next to her.

"So, why are you ditching?" I ask, still trying to stall as much as i can.

"Oh no, you are not doing that, you're going to tell me exactly who he is, and what the hell that was." She says, her voice getting higher.

"Cant you just please trust me instead." I plead, trying to grab her hands.

"No! I won't! Just tell me what is going on!" She screams standing up, starting to pace in my room.

"Calm down, please. I'll tell you, just sit back down." I say, my voice breaking at the end.

She looks at me with anger, but finally decides to sit down.

"Ever since i can remember." I start, ten i tell her everything that has happened the last few days, from Bucky in the hospital to today with the glass.

She sits speechless for awhile, just looking at me with an open mouth, not knowing what to say.

"Why didn't you tell me." She asks.

"Well, Bucky hasn't been here for long." i start but she cuts me off.

"No, no, i mean with the weird, power thingy." She says and makes gestures in the air with her hands.

"I don't know, i guess i was scared of how you would react." I hesitantly answer.

"well i am pretty calm right now, so you didn't have to worry." I hear her say, and feel a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"But that's just the thing, i had to, because you were the only one i had left. I didn't want to scare you away." I say, feeling the tears well up in my eyes.

"I would never leave you, you know that. Don't you?" She asks, and takes both my hands in hers.

I try to say yes, but the tears in my eyes stop me from speaking, so i just nod and bring her in to a hug.

"You shouldn't be here." i finally croak out, pulling away from the hug.

"Why?" She asks me, looking hurt.

"Because, it's not safe, you should have figured that out by now." I say, wanting to get her out of danger.

A look of realization spreads over her face, making her jump up to her feet and drag me downstairs.

"Okay, yeah, okay, i will leave. But if anything happens you call me, promise?" She stresses, holding up her pinky when we are at the front doors.

I smile and take her pinky with mine.

"Promise."

She smiles and turns around to leave, but stops with her hand on the handle.

"And you have to let me take a look at his arm, the inside of that thing must be amazing." She smiles, then before i can answer she is out and the door is closed, locking itself and leaving me with a smile on my face.

*

I was sitting on the couch, after deciding to finally clean everything in the house.

The gym that i crashed a few days ago, and the old popcorn from the living room table.

Putting on a few episodes of Friends and sitting back to relax, Bucky probably being in his room.

After about thirty minutes i see him walking towards the couch, his old clothes on, showing off his metal arm.

He sits down beside me, with a few feet of distance between us, and sees my look of confusion.

"Have to leave, not right now, but soon. It's not safe here." He says, and i give a nod in understanding.

"Where are we going?" I ask after a few seconds of silence.

He looks at me and gives me a small smile, i smile back but furrow my eyebrows, wondering why he is in such a good mood all of a sudden.

"You said we." He finally says, making my eyes widen.

He never said i was going with him.

"Well yeah, i mean, they want me as well, so we stick together, right?" I say, not really wanting to stay here anymore.

"Yes, we stick together, from now on." He lets out a small laugh and it gives my stomach butterflies, hearing the sweet foreign sound.

"Great. So i'm guessing you have never seen Friends?" I ask, turning my gaze back to the tv.

I see out of the corner of my eyes, him shaking his head no, still looking at the tv.

"Well then let's catch you up on the latest tv shows and movies then." I say.

We then watched 5 episodes of Friends, and we started on Titanic, but fell asleep on the couch before half of the movie.