Chapter 7

Third POV

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Erick Brentlinger stood in his office looking out at the deserted parking lot, with the exception of his dark grey car and a few others.

"Sir?" came a voice from his door.

He turned around making a grunt like sound.

"We have not been able to contact the winter soldier, he is unresponsive"

The room was quiet after the small boy looking man said the news.

Erick already knew that this might happen some time, therefor the GPS in the soldier's arm.

It had been there since day one.

"Track him, don't bring him back. Have spies on him all the time." Erick said, going straight to the point in his boring monotone tone of voice.

"Yes, sir."

"Mr." Erick corrected.

"Mr Brentlinger sir." the other man stressed leaving as fast as he could.

Erick stayed in his position by the window, thinking if the soldier at least made contact with Ms Green.

He hadn't seen her in almost 18 years, and wanted desperately to check up on how her powers had developed.

She was meant to be able to move things with her brain, becoming on of the most powerful beings on earth.

But they had not been successful in making the right serum, that didn't stop them from testing it on her.

Of course it did not work, but Erick knew it did something, and gave her to one of the kindest person in Florida, away from their base, to see if she grew to become more powerful.

It was a shame the winter soldier went missing, he had been a great asset to Hydra for a little longer than 41 years, Erick thought.

Well it didn't matter that much anyway, they would find him, and remove his memories again, returning him to the faithful soldier he was.

*

Alex's POV

For the first time in a long time i woke up to nothing but the sound of my own breathing.

Remembering that it's Monday morning i shoot out of my bed and run in my closet throwing on the closest thing possible.

Stressing down the stairs in to the kitchen at the same time as i try to pull on my socks.

I begin to take out bread and butter out of the fridge until i turn around and spot the bowl of popcorn in the living room.

SHIT.

I'm not even supposed to go to school today.

I sigh and set back the butter and bread, hunching my shoulders and walking slowly up the stairs again and in to my bedroom.

The clock on my bedside table says it is nine thirty, being the lazy ass i am, i lay down again thinking Bucky can wait a few more minutes until i unlock the door.

I slowly close my eyes starting to drift to sleep again, until i hear loud knocking from the hallway.

Letting out a groan i rise to my feet and go to Bucky's door, unlocking it without opening and walking straight back to my bed.

But this time i can't fall asleep, feeling my stomach growl at me.

Realizing i haven't eaten since breakfast yesterday, making my stomach even angrier than it already was.

I scrunch my face in agony of having to get up again but don't get the chance to when i hear my alarm clock go off for the first time that morning, meaning if i would have school today, i would be late.

Instead of gently turning it off i smash it with my fist, surprising myself when it breaks and pieces of it goes flying everywhere, making me sit up and look around the floor seeing the small bits of plastic scattered here and there.

After a while of stalling and not wanting to do anything about it i finally get up and take out a broom from the cleaning closet, starting to brush everything up and putting it in the bin.

Great, no alarm clock.

When i'm finally done i decide to go downstairs, getting scared half to death when i see Bucky standing in the kitchen casually eating a toast while my heart is hammering in my chest.

"Jesus you scared me." I breath out, starting to walk again.

I notice he has changed into a black T-shirt and a pair of darker sweatpants.

"Sorry. Oh and there are just a few slices o bread left, otherwise there i no food." He says after swallowing the piece of toast he was shewing.

Opening the fridge to look for myself i see he's right, but there is no way we are going to be able to go shopping or anything, unless i maybe ask Sofie.

Bucky finishes his food and puts it in the dishwasher walking out of the kitchen, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

If i go outside Hydra might snatch me, and if Bucky goes, he might be to.

Otherwise i think we would both be in other places, even though they could just as likely get us here, i have no security cameras so they at least can't see us.

As i'm pouring the last glass of juice i hear the door open and close, knowing the only person who might do that, i start to panic since it would be awful if she accidentally met Bucky.

She struts in the kitchen looking as happy as ever.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" I ask, keeping my voice even.

"Nope, i'm ditching." she answers proudly, taking the juice and walking to sit in the couch, but before she gets to sit down and i get to question her, a familiar voice comes from the hallway.

"Hey Alex, is it okay if i...." Bucky is cut off when he comes in to the room and sees Sofie standing there.

He isn't wearing anything to cover his arm and the glove is off.

I see Sofie's hand losing its grip on the glass and i stretch my hand out to catch it even though i too far away to ever do so.

Everything seems to slow down in my mind and the glass stops mid air, Sofie's already wide eyes become wider and i see Bucky's mouth fall open.

Gasping and taking my hand back before the glass finally falls to the ground breaking and making a huge mess.

Despite everything i smile and start laughing, finally being able to do the one thing i have secretly been trying for weeks.

"HA! Did you see that!? I did it!" I laugh and start to happily jump around.

Both Sofie and Bucky looking at me like I'm crazy, Sofie more scared as well.

"Oh shit." i whisper and cover my mouth with both of my hands when i see Sofie looking like she is about to pass out.

"I can explain." i say, my voice muffled under my hands.