Chapter 2

After not really celebrating my birthday since i was alone, Sofie having to do all the homework that she usually never does, i sat down on my couch putting on the tv.

Sitting there made me think about how lonely i actually am.

I mean, i love Sofie allot but i mostly just see her in school, when i'm home it's just me.

Never before have i had anything against it, but right there and then, i couldn't stop a single tear from running down my cheek.

Wiping it away as fast as possible as i stand and walk to the kitchen to get some wine, perks of being a grown up (not really mentally though).

Once again i sit down on my couch and put the wine glass on the table, starting to feel a build of emotions inside that i have no idea what to do with.

Sadness. I'm alone.

Anger. I'm lonely.

I usually don't get like this, I'm a very calm person, but when i get like this all of a sudden there isn't much i can do about it.

Standing up and leaving the tv on i walk towards on of the rooms in the back of the house.

When i turn on the light i see training equipment and a punching bag.

Without changing first i walk towards the bag and start throwing punches here and there.

I can feel my blood boiling.

"God damn it! why am i so fucking mad!" I shout throwing one last punch that makes the bag fly across the room.

It makes me even more annoyed and the next thing i know i'm letting out a scream and closing my eyes, just to try and let it all out.

Feeling like a weight falls of my shoulders i open my eyes only to see all of the stuff in the room lying down on the floor and against the walls.

"What is wrong with me" i whisper.

Feeling exhausted i turn of the lights not bothering to fix anything.

Walking back to the tv with slow steps i turn it off and walk upstairs to my bedroom falling face first onto my pillows.

*

Saturday morning i get ready to go to my weekend job, i help out in the hospital with medicine and sorting everything.

Walking in to my work space I'm greeted by my boss Angie who gives me a smile and walks of to help patients.

After about 4 hours or so i get an assignment to measure sleep sedatives for a patient going into surgery later that afternoon.

I get the right amount to keep them under for about 3 hours and pour it in a small container so you can easily pick it up in a syringe.

Putting that aside on the table i get back to labelling and organizing bottles of medicine, when I'm pretty much done i walk to the children's wing to visit my favorite patient

A little girl named Molly, she is 5 years old and has cancer, it has been getting better but she has to stay in the hospital.

"How are we doing today?" i ask as i walk in to her room.

"Alex!" she screams with joy, a big smile lighting up her face.

I hush her and sit beside her on the bed.

"Some kids are trying to sleep" i whisper and hug her tiny body.

She makes a face saying that she is sorry.