Chapter 5

I don't own PJO!!!!!!

Annabeth's POV

"Thalia!" I screamed, but quiet enough so no one else heard me. "What are you doing?"

"Can't I just say hey to my best friend?" She asked with a fake hurt expression on her face.

"Well yeah, I guess," I said.

"Okay well I was actually told to give you a message. Aphrodite told me to tell you to watch out. Someone was going to try to steal you away from him and someone else was trying to steal him away from you. So just... be careful. I don't want my little sis to get hurt." She said.

"Thanks Thals, but why wouldn't Aphrodite just tell me? Why tell you first?" I was really curious, but I was mainly thinking about the message. I knew that Aphrodite said that she would mess with our love lives but this? I would have to tell Percy...

"Annie? Annabeth? Hello? You there?" Thalia was shouting, trying to get my attention.

"Uh, yeah, I just have a lot on my mind."

"Ok well I have to go. Artemis calls. One more thing, Aphrodite says she's not doing this, it just happened and that she will do everything she can to keep you guys together. She said you were her favorite couple since Helen and Troy! but I got to go. Keep in touch!"

"Bye Thals, talk to you soon!"

I quickly washed my hands and walked out of the bathroom to find Percy. Right when I walked out of the girls bathroom, I saw Bella kiss Percy on the lips while she forced him against the wall. Wait, WHAT???? It seemed like Percy didn't notice me yet. I wanted to run away and hide, but I couldn't move, I felt tears threatening to spill.

"What the heck Bella!" Percy shouted, while pushing Bella a few feet away. "I have a GIRLFRIEND! And even if I didn't, why would I want to go out with somebody like you! Just leave me alone! Please!" Then he walked back into the boys bathroom, huffing and puffing.

I looked back at Bella, furious with her. I saw her look at me, smirk and walk over to me.

"Oh Anniebelle--"

"Annabeth," I spit out through clench teeth. I mean, who does she think she is? Kissing other people's boyfriends! At least Percy shoved her away.

"Whatever. Anyways, just fyi, Percy is just in denial. He loves me. I know he does. You're just a tiny little obstacle that, once removed, will give me a clear path to him! Haha! So enjoy you time with him while you can, because your life... well it just got a whole lot more complicated. Think about this, you see, Percy may think you have IT. The brains, the personality, even the body, but when he sees this," she gestured towards her whole body, "he'll be running to me, leaving you in the dust. Think about that." Then she walked away, leaving me confused. And I HATE being confused.

I was just staring at the wall when I feel a strong comfortable pair of arms wrap around me.

"Annabeth? What's wrong?"

"Uh, nothing, I'll tell you later okay? Let's just go to lunch." I say. I really will tell him everything later, but I didn't really want to talk about it right then.

"Annabeth, I know you saw her kiss me, but that's just it. SHE kissed Me. And I'm telling you this now. I will never leave you. Ever, especially for someone like her. Annabeth, I uh, I love you." As he said that he looked down. I couldn't believe he just said that! I didn't know what to say! I mean, I did, but I was in utter shock!

"Annabeth, I'm sorry if I--"

"I love you too Percy. Don't forget it." Then I kissed him, again.

We pulled apart, smiling. "C'mon Seaweed Brain, lunch time."

We walked into the lunch room, grabbed our lunches and Percy led me to the table with our friends, Matt and Haley and Lindsey and Andrew.

"Hey Annabeth! What's up Perce?" Lindsey said.

"Hey Lindse," Percy said, "And what's up? Well let's just say little miss Bella won't leave me alone. For gods' sake... she kissed me!"

"WHAT!" pretty much everyone shouted at our table, except for me.

"It was really creepy." Percy said then gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

Everyone was looking at us, it was awkward.

"Ok, um, Percy, you're not going to like this," Andrew said while giving a quick look to a nervous Lindsey, "Lindsey and I heard Mark talking to some of his buddies. He said something like, Yeah dudes the new girl? I'm gonna hook up with her soon and--"

"WHAT?" Percy shouted, his eyes turning the kind of stormy that you did not want to be around.

"Um, yeah," Lindsey continued, "and one of his friends said that she already has a boyfriend, but he said he uh, didn't care and would just get rid of you so he could have her."

They both looked down. I felt Percy's arm tighten around me. I turned to him, "Percy, don't worry I will never leave you. Okay?" I gave him a small kiss on the cheek and turned back to face the rest of the table, looking at me as if to say, I-know- you-guys-like-each-other-a-lot-a-lot-but-we're-just-teenagers-you-sure-you-won't-break-up? The truth was I wasn't 100% sure. We were less likely to break-up, after all that we  have been through, but if Aphrodite was warning us to be careful, then something bad is bound to happen.

Percy seemed to calm down a little bit, but still had his arm protectively around me as if he was scared that someone would try to come and grab me away from him. Just then I felt his arm tense and it seemed like the whole table just held its breath. I didn't see why until i saw a guy walk up to our table. Mark.

"Hello Annie, others..."

"It's Annabeth," Percy said, his eyes even stormier than before.

"I wasn't talking to you Prissy." I felt Percy tense even more. Only Clarisse could call him that, and this was definitly NOT Clarisse.

"Well, Mark, don't call me Annie, it's Annabeth," I said with a slight edge to my voice as if saying get lost.

"Well, the pretty little lady has a small 'tude. I like that. Catch ya later Annie!" Then he walked away.

I looked over at Percy. He was fuming.

"Percy? Calm down. It's okay. It was just some jerk, k?" I said soothingly.

Surprisingly, he calmed down at my voice. Everyone looked surprised by that as if they had never been able to calm him down before. He leaned into me and whispered in my ear, "I'm fine. I just don't want to lose you Wise Girl."

"I don't want to lose you either Seaweed Brain." We had a short passionate kiss then we switched the topics.

"So Percy," Matt started, "when are swim tryouts again? I know there is the pre-tryout thing after school today, but when is the real deal?"

"Matt, i already told you! You won't need to go to the tryouts! You already made the team. You and Andrew are the best swimmers we have!"

"Yeah, but still, maybe I'll come watch or something."

"They are in two days, not tomorrow, but Wednesday." Percy said in defeat.

"K, thanks." We ate the rest of lunch in silence or short conversations as we were all thinking about what was to come...

I hope you like it! Comment please! Next up? Marine biology class!!!!