Chapter 16

I don't own PJO, Ricky does!

Annabeth's POV

I tried not to show my discomfort with the game, but Percy saw right through my mask.

"Annabeth is was not my idea."  He said, looking at me.

"Percy," I said simply, "keep your eyes on the road. And I'm fine, trust me. That little witch has her hair and outfit messed up, I think that is some payback."

I could tell that he knew I was lying about me being fine, but he knew me. And he knew that I didn't want to talk about it any more.

"Ok, can we just pretend it never happened?"

"Of course Seaweed Brain," I said, giving him one a small smile. I grabbed his hand and we went the rest of the car ride in silence. I know that the drive to Camp, YES CAMP!!!, should only take like 30 min., but being two ADHD demigods, it seemed like years.

"Finally!" Percy exclaimed as we saw the outline of a hill with a tree on it in the moon's light, "Home!" I wondered what Camp was going to be like, even if we were just visiiting for a while. Our last few weeks at camp, after the end of the war, were filled with parties, no rules, and a long parade of new campers coming in as the gods fulfilled their promise of claiming their children by 13. There were also not that many monster attacks and the cabins were almost done being built.

We quickly parked and hopped out just as our friends in the other car began to unload, all with huge smiles on their faces. I knew that it had only been a few weeks since being here, but I still missed everything like crazy. I missed my cabin, my brothers and sisters, I missed Chiron, I missed hanging out at the beach and swimming in the water with Percy, I just missed everthing. Even Mr. D, but don't tell him I said that.

When we all got out, Percy suddenly had an idea, yes him. "Guys," he said, "let's quietly sneak into Camp, you can all bunk in my cabin, and we'll all surprise everybody!"

"Yeah Perce, great idea!" The Stolls said, high-fiving him. As it was dark, and everybody was most likely asleep, but we still had to be quiet because the last thing any of us wanted was to be eaten by harpies.

We snuck into the Poseidon cabin and all laid down on the beds.

"Percy," Thalia complained picking up a hopefully clean pair of athletic shorts from her bed and throwing them on the floor, "don't you ever clean in here? Or wouldn't the harpies?"

"I don't know," he explained with the shrug, "And Tyson hasn't cleaned up her yet so don't blame me!"

"Not cool Prissy,"Clarisse said, shaking her head, "blame it on you baby brother, not cool."

I threw my hands up in defense, "Hey! He gladly cleans."

"I shake my head at him, whatever Seaweed Brain, let's just go to sleep." Everyone except Percy and me quickly fell asleep. He, as the Kelp Head that he was, was just staring googly-eyed at his underwater plants that Tyson brought for him.

"Hey Percy?" I asked walking over towards him, smiling.

"Yeah Annabeth?" He turned around and wrapped his arms around me.

"Do you want to go for a walk on the beach? I don't think I can sleep, I'm not that tired."

"Sure Wise Girl, let's go." He took my hand and led me out of the cabin. We took a big loop through the woods where we knew the harpies wouldn't look, yeah we've had practice at sneaking out. We finally reached the beach. We walked over to 'our' spot on the sand, close to the water, but still far enough away where we didn't have to worry about the tide.

He layed down on the sand and I layed down next to him, my head on his arms. "I love you Percy"

"I love you too Annabeth." He leaned in to kiss me, but the one thing that I did not expect to hear was a rough womanish voice screeching, "I smell demigods!"

"The harpies!" I whisper. We could hear that they were getting close.

Percy pulled me up and led me to the water. "It's freezing in therre though!"

"Come on, you won't get wet."

Percy pulled me into the clear water and created an air bubble around both of us while drying my clothes off.

"Thanks Percy," I said giving him a hug.

"No problemo Wise Girl." I just rolled my eyes at him and kissed him again. And it was pretty much the second best underwater kiss of all time.

Sorry it's not the best chapter I've ever written, it was pretty short and uneventful, maybe even boring? I don't know. Thank you DaughterofHecate for you ideas. And everyone else's too. I may or may not use some ideas, or I'll change them up a bit. But thank you to all my fans! I wouldn't keep writing without you guys! I'll hopefully post the next chapter soon though. Thanks!

Life is too short to give up...