Regret

Enjoy!

Guilmon sadly nodded and brought the frame to his chest hugging it tightly. Takato looked at the envelope in his hand.

"She also left you a letter"

Guilmon opened his eyes with tears and looked to Takato.

"Can you read it for me?"

"Sure buddy"

Takato wiped his tears and Guilmon sat beside him holding the picture to his chest.

Dear Guilmon,

I just want to say I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about my condition. You made me the happiest girl in the world. My only regret is that I wish I could have met you sooner. You gave me the best days of my life that I will always cherish in my heart. I love you with all my heart, the day we made love was the day...."

"Wait a second you guys already made love?"

Takato asked looking at Guilmon who sadly nodded. Takato let out a sigh and continued to read the letter.

"The day we made love was the day I actually felt love and wanted. I'm sorry I had to leave you so soon, I wish I had more time but I know I can't be selfish because I know that a new life means new hope. I hope you continue to live your life happy and don't be made at Takato because I know he was looking out for you and I'm glad he trusted me to take care of you but in a way I feel like you were the one taking care of me. Well.... This is my final goodbye. I love you and continue to live your life with happiness and joy.

Love Aika"

Takato said as he finished reading the letter. Guilmon was in tears and Takato sadly wrapped his arm around the sad digimon.

"Its going to be okay Guilmon, we should be happy that she's no longer suffering and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to see you sad."

"How could I move on? I should have done something?"

"There was nothing you could have done to prevent it, at least you were there to keep her happy and that's all that matters to Aika. In a way now that I think about it, you were actually her prince charming"

Guilmon sadly looked at Takato.

"How?"

"Well you rescued her from hurting herself, you kept her happy even though everything around her was bringing her down, because of you she smiled and look..."

He said as he took the frame from Guilmon for they can both look at it together.

"That smile there. That was a real smile, you made her happy, you gave her everything that she always wanted from her family, you gave her love"

Guilmon sadly looked at the photo and gently placed his hand over Aika.

"I'm gonna miss her"

"I know you are and so will I, but in order for us to keep her happy we have to be happy for her too, you think you can do that?"

"I...I can try"

"It will take time to heal Guilmon, and pretty soon before you know it you will just remember the good old days"

Guilmon let out a sad sigh as a few more tears escaped his eyes and hugged the frame to his chest.

"I'll miss you Aika"

"Its going to be okay Guilmon. Come on, I have an idea"

He said as he wiped his tears and stood up.

"Where are we going?"

Takato smiled as Guilmon stood up.

"We're going to Aika's home"

"Why? She's not there anymore"

"Because it was where she took her last breathe and maybe just maybe her spirit is still there waiting for you to say goodbye"

"You think so?"

"Its worth a shot"

Together Guilmon and Takato went back to Aika's home. The door remained unlock and they easily let themselves inside not that Aika's family were aware of things happening around them. They went inside Aika's room, everything remained the same except for Aika.

"Okay Guilmon just speak"

"To who?"

"Just pretend Aika is still here"

Guilmon stood bye the bed and sat down. Tears once again gathered in his eyes.

"Aika....Aika if you can hear me? I just came by to say goodbye. Its been a long day just a couple of hours ago you were walking, smiling and laughing. I felt like I woked up to a nightmare. A nightmare where I know I can never wake up from. I understand why you didn't want to tell me of your sickness and I'm not mad at you. I just wish there was some way I can help you...."

Guilmon said trailing off, as more tears trailed down his face as he shook his head and looked up towards Takato.

"I....I can't do it. I can't say goodbye"

He cried. Takato sadly walked to Guilmon and wrapped his arm around his shoulder as he sat down on the bed and looked at the bed where Aika last laid.

"Its okay. Aika, Guilmon and I will never forget you and I promise everyday we'll live it like it was our last. We'll miss you"

He said. Guilmon sadly opened his eyes and looked at the bed.

"Goodbye Aika. I'll always love you"

He said as he sat up and rubbed his hand down and up the bed sheets. He took a deep breathe and let out a sigh with a slight smile as he felt a ton of weight has been lifted up from his shoulders. He looked to Takato.

"I feel a bit better"

He said.

"Ready to go?"

He said as he made his way to the door. Guilmon gave one last look around in the room and smiled sadly.

"Yeah. I'm ready"

Guilmon went towards the door and stop to look back once more with a sad smile as he closed the door.

A/N Rate and Comment