Thank You

Enjoy!

"Aika I need to talk to you"

Takato said as he entered more into the room. He saw Aika on her bed laying down.

"Did you hear me?"

He said as he got to the side of the bed and was surprise to see Aika sleeping with a smile on her face, hugging a frame of her and Guilmon giving each other a kiss. Takato rolled his eyes and placed his hand on her shoulder and shook her.

"Aika wake up, right now"

He said but Aika wouldn't open her eyes. He tried nudging her again but she wouldn't budge.

"I see your trying to be stubborn huh?  Well two can play at that game"

He said as he continued to shake her but frown when she still wouldn't wake up. Curiously, he saw a glimpse of her arm that her sleeves covered her arms. He slowly pushed back the sleeve and gasp as he saw marks of cuts. He then looked towards Aika who still had her eyes closed.

"No"

Takato said as he placed two fingers against the side of her cool neck and gasp as he didn't feel no pulse. Tears began to gather in his eyes.

"No, no, no please wake up"

He said as he shook her roughly. He immediately ran towards the door but stopped as he realized he couldn't count on Aika's mother or her brother. He went back to Aika's side as tears trailed down his face. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed 911. It didn't take long for the paramedics to take Aika to the mourgue.

"How am I going to explain this Guilmon?"

Takato said as he remained in Aika's room in tears as he looked around since he never been in her home before. His eyes immediately fell on the two white envelopes that laid on top of the drawer. He looked at it and in one has his name and the other has Guilmon. He immediately opened the one with his name and read the letter.

Dear Takato,

If you are reading this then I'm sure you came into my home for try to talk me out of being in a relationship with Guilmon. I never wanted Guilmon to know about my health condition, the doctors have only given me a few months to live because of my sickness. Despite my condition my parents treated me the same, I been trying to kill myself sooner but Guilmon made sure I don't cause harm to myself and I kept my promise not to. I don't care what you have to say because believe it or not Guilmon was the best thing that ever happened to me. Thank you for allowing him to be a part of my life. Please take care, I will be watching you from up above.

Love Aika.

Tears continued to trail down Takato's face as he hold the letter tight in his hands.

"Oh Aika, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I wasn't a good friend, I didn't know it was this bad, I just..... I just thought"

He said as trailed off as he broke down crying. After a while he tried pulling himself together as he made his way to the park once again and went inside the shed. Guilmon immediately looked at Takato with confusion.

"Takato why are you crying?"

He asked. Takato let out a sob and sadly looked at Guilmon.

"Guilmon, I'm sorry but Aika's gone"

Guilmon took a step back.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"S-She passed away"

"No that can't be, your lying, you just don't want us to be together"

Guilmon said angrily and scared at the same time. Takato shook his head.

"I just came from her house. I thought she was asleep, I tried waking her up for I can talk to her but she never woke up. I even checked her pulse. She even left a letter for me and you"

He said as he took out the letter showing it to him as proof. Guilmon looked at the letter and then glared at Takato.

"How do I know if you didn't write it?"

"Take a sniff"

Guilmon took a sniff at the letter in his hand and gasp in joy because it was from Aika but then frown when he remembered what Takato said.

"You mean..."

Takato nodded. It finally came to Guilmon as tears gathered in his eyes.

"But she was just fine before we left, how could she pass away?"

"Because she was already sick, she just didn't tell us"

Guilmon sadly broke down crying.

"I-its not fair. She doesn't deserve this"

Takato sadly brought Guilmon into a hug.

"I know buddy, I know. I saw her mom and her brother they didn't care"

"W-what about her dad?"

"I didn't see him"

"Then he was probably out having another affair, that was the only reason why her mom drinks"

Takato finally understood what his friend has been going through all her life. Guilmon sadly looked towards the present he got from Aika that he haven't opened yet. He pulled away from the hug and retrieve the gift. He made his way back to Takato.

"What do you got there?"

"Aika got me this. She told me not to open it until I leave"

He said as he opened the gift, but more tears gathered in his eyes it was a picture of him and Aika kissing. Takato looked at the frame and was surprise to see it was the same one Aika was holding when he found her.

"Aika was holding this exact frame in her arms when I found her"

"Really?"

"Yeah"

Takato said sadly with a smile.

"And you know what else?"

"What?"

"She passed away with a smile on her face"

A/N Rate and Comment