Chapter 11: The Family Meeting

*Lauren's P.O.V*

A family meeting.. Yay.

I've been sitting on the large, brown leather couch in the middle of our living room for what seems like hours while the awkward silence of my family rings through the air as if it were on full volume.  The uncomfortable silence is nearly tangible in the full room.  Taylor and Chris sit on either side of me and my parents stand in front of us by the mantel and currently crackling fire place.

My mother is pacing and my father is staring at the fire, scowling.  Eventually my mom sighs heavily and taps my dad on the shoulder causing him to turn around abruptly.  Their eyes bore into me and my siblings.  Suddenly Chris' voice broke the tension, "So is anyone going to tell us why we're here?"

"Yeah, did we do something wrong?  Did someone die?" Taylor chimed in.

My dad sat down in his recliner with a great big 'plop' as mom settled herself on the arm.  Mom looked at each one of us with tears in her eyes, her gaze setting on me a little longer than my brother and sister,

"No one died sweetie," My mother spoke quietly,  "None of you did anything wrong."

Taylor sat back as relief washed over her face, Chris' jaw stayed locked in annoyance.  "So what is is?" He asked.

This time Dad spoke up.  "We'd like to talk about Lauren's little outburst yesterday.  I mean, we know you both saw it and we thought we should probably talk about it."

Chris relaxed as well but my jaw tightened in response to his words.  Great, this is exactly what I need.

My mom stood and sat in between Taylor and I, setting a hand on each of our knees.  "Lauren, Taylor mentioned that it scared her to see you like that.  Taylor, why don't you tell your sister what you told me?"

Taylor looked at her lap while I glared at her.  "Well, I don't know.  I'm just worried about you, I've never seen you like that, it was scary."

I opened my mouth to say something but Chris cut me off, his voice booming in irritation, "I don't see why we all have to be here if we're just going to talk about Lauren's impulse issues.  I'vealways known she's had them, it's no news to me."

My father stood and smacked Chris in the back of the head.  "That not all we have to say but yes, this does have a lot to do with Lauren because it has come to our attention that we need to talk about a few things regarding what happened."

My dad suddenly looked at me, he's eyes crinkled in the corner as he sadly smiled.  "Lauren, would you like to talk to the family about why you felt the need to trash your room and break your instrument?"  I shook my head vigorously.  "Lauren, I think it'd be good for you if you talked, keeping it in isn't very healthy." Dad pushed.

"I was angry." I said through gritted teeth.

My mom rubbed my knee, "Sweetie, why were you so angry?"

I tensed, remembering the feeling of Camila'slips on mine.  "I don't want to talk about it."

My dad sighed and my mom looked at me sadly.  "Lauren, we're here for you no matter what's going on." Mom spoke softly.

"Is this about Luis?" Dad asked roughly.

I shot up from the couch and spun around to look at my family.  "This has nothing.. I repeat.. NOTHING to do with Luis.  I just don't want to talk about it okay?!"

My father's patience was wearing thin.  "I think it's best if you go see someone, Laur.  Maybe to help with your anger.  It'll give you someone to talk to outside of your family and close friends."

"I don't need to see some shrink!" I nearly yell.

My dad moved to his feet, angry.  "You shattered a five thousand dollar violin Lauren!"

I flinched away from him, afraid of his sudden anger.

"Mike!" My mother scowled, making my dad sink back into his seat.  Mom looked at me more softly that before, "Honey, you have a meeting with an anger management counselor on Wednesday."

"Whatever." I stormed off up the stairs and slamming my white bedroom door.

*Taylor's P.O.V*

This kind of Lauren scares me.  I've seen her angry but never this angry.  I watched her smash her guitar and ruin her precious violin.  She loves her music so much I never thought I'd see her flip her keyboard or put a fist through her drums.  I don't understand what go into her.

"Mom?" I say quietly after Lauren ran to her room.

"Yes Taylor?" Mom looked at me with tears in her eyes.  The green flakes in her eyes glisten and stand out amoungst the brown.

I sadly looked at my mother's face.  "What now?  Like, about Lauren and stuff?"

Her eyes softened.  "Lauren will go to therapy weekly and probably be put on medication to regulate her mood.  You guys are going to have to be a little more careful with what you do and say around her.  She's sensitive, Tay.  I believe it's because she's such a deep thinker.  She's an artist, so she's in touch with her inner-self and that can be stressful sometimes."

I nod in understanding, "I guess I'll just try to be as nice as possible."

Mom smiled, "I think that's for the best."

*Camila's P.O.V*

My fingers danced across the ivory keys as I let my emotion fall into my music.  The sound waved through the empty music room and bounced off the walls reverberating in my ears.  I looked to the ceiling and squeezed my eyes shut as I felt a jolt of emotions that I've never felt before run through my body.

When I finished my piece I looked back down at the keys and traced Lauren's name over the white of the instrument.  "That was beautiful, Camila." My mother said from the doorway causing me to jump.

"Thanks Mami." I murmured back, blinking away tears.

She smiled softly, knowing fully well that I didn't like to be bothered when I was in the music room.  "Dinner will be ready shortly, please finish up and come to the table."

I nodded, silently begging her to leave the room.  I relaxed when I heard her heels walk away from the room.

Lauren has been in my thoughts constantly since the night she ran out of my house.  She still won't talk to me but I'll wait for her to be ready to confront what ever she is feeling towards this situation.  I can't help but wish it was different and that she just would reciprocate exactly how I felt towards her.  I knew life wasn't that easy though.  All I can do is imagine what it'd be like to be hers.

----------------------------------------------------

This is so crappy.  I wrote it on my phone and everything but I thought you guys deserved something!  Soon I will write more.  Camren soon!  Thanks for reading. Sorry for the crap filler chapter!