Helping the Target

You woke up and rubbed your chest where you had been torn into, you instead felt a head, and when you looked down you saw Akeno's head laying on your chest, she was gently sleeping and you would have felt bad if you woke her, that was until Rias burst into the room waking her up. "Morning Rias, how long was I out?" You asked, surprising Akeno. "Only a night, Akeno spent most of it disinfecting that wound. Whatever those things were, they tried to leave a poison in you." Rias said shaking her head, you laughed. "Those were my doctors, the council doesnt take kindly to one of their own turning into a devil. Besides it was them who ordered me here and probably feel like im a loose end." You laughed, Rias did not laugh, she looked at you confused. "Are you sure you want to live there still?" Rias asked, you nodded. "That is the only place with any defense, I will just change it to target the Hunters as well." You said slowly watching Akeno stretch and look around lazily. "Hey Rias, Hunter." Akeno said to you coldly, your heart twisted and it honestly hurt. "Im going out, be back soon." Akeno said walking out, you clutched your chest. "You alright?" Rias asked terrified. "Fine, my heart hurts really bad, its never hurt like this before." you growled your teeth clinched, Rias began laughing uncontrollably. "You really have fallen for her! I thought it may have been an act but you really honestly do!" Rias said laughing, you looked to her with pain in your eyes.  She stopped laughing. "Whats with the blood? Wait... it cant be." Rias said, you felt the blood on your lip and wiped it off, it came off pure gold and tiny streaks of light came every other second. "Its never gotten this bad, shit." you said standing up, you walked to the door when Rias grabbed your arm. "Is your mother and father Human?" She asked completely serious. "I dont know, the man I call my father saved my life when my real parents were killed by thugs." You spilled, Rias looked worried. "Would you mind seeing a devil doctor?" Rias asked, you shrugged. "If it helps I guess I could. The real question would be would they serve someone like me.... why are the hunters hated among your kind?" You asked not thinking. "OUR kind, and it's.... well it's because of what you do, you hunt down high value targets such as Issei and take them out before we can get our hands on them... its taking our numbers down a notch and not to mention very annoying to go to a future allies house and find them burned to ash." Rias explained, you nodded. "It makes sense, we are simply killers at our core. Our motto is Get the Job done... at Any cost." you said licking your lip and tasting the blood. You nearly spat it out but remembered where you were. Rias watched you in curiosity until a blonde boy burst through the door. "We have bad news... Issei's walking around with the nun again." The blonde said. "Y/n can you wal" You interrupted her by standing straight and feeling your armor plate like muscles fall back into place. "Kill?" You asked. "Can you keep them out of trouble? I dont want anymore dead." Rias said, you snorted. "If a fight breaks out... whats stopping me from killing Issei and completing my goal?" you asked. "You would have to kill me as well." A female voice said, you turned to see Akeno walking over, she was visibly shaking. "Rias, please, dont send her with me.... the council no doubt has every single agent out for my head, I can't.... I can't." You stuttered for the first time in your life, you had assisted in the deaths of hundreds, no more then that, at least two thousand. Rias smiled. "Then prove your loyalty, keep her safe." Rias said smirking. You bowed your head. "If that is your wish, my master." You said turning out the door.

You and Akeno walked in silence next to each other a hundred or so feet behind Issei, the nun glanced back a couple of times but you had done this thousands of times, pulling Akeno to the side before they could see them. They stopped at a park and sat down. The nun started to exert a green light from her hands. "The hell?" You asked pulling your knife. "Easy, thats a healing property." Akeno said breaking her silence. "And how would you know this? When did Issei start this?" You asked. "Issei was attacked last night, we went there after you were secured. A rouge priest killed the contractor and the nun there was keeping the shield up to keep us out." Akeno said quietly. "Thats my contract!" You growled. Akeno placed a hand on your bare shoulder, you in your black sleeveless shirt, felt a chill run up your spine. "What were you going to say back there... at the clubhouse?" Akeno asked, you didnt respond. "Y/n, can you please tell me?" She asked, you placed a finger to her lips, the hundreds of birds that had been quite noisy had suddenly become very quiet. "Somethings here, we need to...Akeno look out!" You yelled pushing Akeno out of the way of a light spear, you reacted and caught it. The Fallen angel looked at you terrified. "Thats not possible... no devil can hold a spear of light!" The male fallen angel yelled. You twirled it in your hands, you felt the energy, it wasnt light, it was electricity, blessed electricity. You twirled it and threw it back at the fallen angel, it caught him in the chest and sent him down to the ground, dead." You ran over to Akeno. "Are you alright Akeno, please!" You asked, Akeno breathed heavily, her eyes looking to you with utter horror. "What are you!?" She screamed and ran off. You turned to see a fallen angel grab the nun and prepare a huge spear of light. You immediately recognized the other fallen angel as the one that struck you. You ran forward and were only able to deflect the spear. "Y/N!" Issei asked. "What the hell? You were revived too!?" The woman asked. You smiled cracking your knuckles. "You know, if you let me kill this asshole over here, we could be going our separate ways with a truce... but as it stands you cost me my humanity so you will have to die." you said laughing slightly, the woman laughed and threw a light spear at you. "Y/n!" Issei yelled, you simply took 3 steps back the spear hitting in front of you. "Impressive,  you know  Alyssa really wanted to make you ours.... to bad, she will miss you, you know." Raynare said smiling. "As if, I shot that bitch dead, no way she could live through that." You laughed. Raynare smiled. "Come to the church tonight if you want to find out, maybe you could save her." Raynare teased, your stomach clinched. Raynare threw another light spear at you, you dodged but when the dust settled, she and the nun were gone. You turned to Issei. "You get back to Rias! Now!" you ordered, Issei simply nodded. You ran back to the house. Agents met you at the door with guns, you killed them, easily, these pathetic excuse for agents would be no match for a squire of the Ace. The last one crawled away screaming into a phone, you shot his head and picked up the phone. "Do send more, my kill count doesnt stop, do your numbers?" You asked and crushed the phone. You opened the armory and grabbed your pistols, strapped your knifes to your body and picked up the revolver. "Artemis, bless this hunt, may I cure this world one bullet at a time." you prayed, you felt a small warmth on your back, like someone was hugging your back, you looked over yours shoulder and smiled. "Thank you goddess." You said walking out, you got into the hummer and drove, the radio silent leaving you to your thoughts and the roar of the engine. "Better tell Rias what Im doing." You said convincing yourself, you turned onto the school road and drove into your slot, got out and walked into the clubhouse.