Shattered Trust

Quote: "The trust has broken down. It will take some time to change attitudes and attitudes are going to be needed to develop trust" -Jim Leach

*Y/n's POV* 

As I walked beside Jack, he walked calmly but I was as stiff as a board, I had lost any and all trust in him, and I knew Amot and Vinseir would be there in a flash if something went wrong. "What do you know of the MindLock Spell?" Jack asked, I raised an eyebrow. 

"Nothing, I have heard mentions of such a spell being used in ancient times for evil purposes but nothing other then that." I replied trying to remember anything. 

"It is a forbidden spell, created by a primordial, to use against the dragons." Jack said thoughtfully, he seemed calmer, more like the Jack I remembered. 

"So what does it do?" I asked, curious but still, wouldn't let my guard drop. 

"Do you remember that scooby doo show? The one where Scooby Doo and Shaggy take over a monster school?" Jack asked, a small smirk on his face. I laughed, Scooby Doo was the shit as a kid, I still enjoyed the show. 

"Yes, what does it have to do with the MindLock spell?" I asked, my guard, returning as soon as I noticed. 

"When Shaggy got stuck behind the mirror as the demon took over his body? Thats a example of the MindLock spell, where the user cant help but watch as the possessor takes over their body, I know you have no reason to believe me, so if theirs anything you know only I would know, ask." Jack said, I thought about it, then I stopped and cast a small spell. Amot and Vinseir walked out of my shadow, moving to form on my sides. 

"There have been rumors that your father has used the MindLock spell, but I could not tell you if they were possessed." Amot said thoughtfully. Vinseir paced around Jack. 

"We trusted you as guardians, to help bring up the next line of dragons. We trusted you the most Jack for you were to bring up the next Lord, you failed to protect him Jack." Vinseir snarled. 

"I accept my punishment, and will gladly offer up myself as a prisoner for the crimes my body committed. All I wish is for them to be made right." Jack said bowing his head in shame.

 "I would have you executed, MindLock or not, you let your human 'council' send him here, alone." Vinseir snarled, slightly shoving Jack forward. I moved forward and caught Jack, maybe it was old instincts, maybe it was that I still thought he could be the father I never had. I sent a glare to Vinseir. 

"Relax Vinseir, we must treat our prisoners with respect, so when the enemy captures one of our friends, they are forced to treat them just as well." I said in a stern tone. Vinseir was taken back, but bowed after a second. 

"My deepest apologies my lord, I did not realize, but if I may? Why would they be forced to treat them the same?" Vinseir asked. 

"Who would you rather serve? A ruthless killer who would show no mercy towards those who would ask of it? Or a Merciful Lord, who would care for the injuries of even the enemy? Who would make a better Lord?" I asked, my words unexpectedly wise. Vinseir's eyes widened and he dropped his head in shame. 

"Your wisdom exceeds your years young Lord, A merciless lord would be effective, but I would rather serve the Lord who would care for those asking for forgiveness." Amot said proudly. 

"Any of the elder dragons would see it as a sign of respect, but the child dragons may see it as an act of weakness." Jack said adding to the conversation. 

"A war is not won by the weapons, but by the soldiers, a throne is not won by the king, but by those who support him." I said smiling, then I shook my head rapidly. "What the hell? When did I turn into Einstein?" I asked returning to my normal self.