Cabin fever

After a week of resting, like the doctor told her. Alex started getting cabin fever.

"Dad how much longer until, I can work out?"

", you crazy person."

"Ahhh, thank god, no offense, but I can't stay here in the house one more day, I'm going crazy."

"I can tell."

Monday morning Alex went for a morning run, then a swim, and to Alex's surprise, she found a dirty blond haired woman in the kitchen. "Um, can I help you? Dad!" Alex yelled.

"What? What? Alex what is it?" Steve asked running down the stairs half dressed.

"Who is this? And why is she wearing one of your shirts?"

"Um, Alex honey this is Lynn she's one of my friends."

"Dad, I thought after Catherine, you weren't going to date anymore? Was that just a lie?"

"Alex honey Lynn is just a friend, why don't you get ready for school, and I'll drive you to school today?"

"No, it's okay I'll walk."

"Alex remember the last time you walked, I had to rescue you? Now, I'm going to drive you, so go get dressed."

"Fine."

Looking at Lynn. "I'm so sorry about Alex, um, let me just finish getting dressed, and we can talk."

"What about your daughter?"

"Oh she's already outside walking to school, she slipped out of her window, go see for yourself."

Lynn looked out the window and saw Alex walking. "Aren't you going to stop her?"

Standing beside Lynn. "Alex is mad right now, I've learned when a teenager is mad, just let them cool off, trust me, I'll get a phone call around lunch time."

"About Alex?"

"From Alex telling me, how I need to choose between her and you."

"Steve why is Alex like this?"

"My last girlfriend Catherine, well Alex grew very attached to her, and Catherine promised Alex she wasn't leaving, then the night I was going to propose to her she left, Alex begged me to never do romance again, it was too hard on her, which it is, but just because Catherine left doesn't mean I just give up on women. I understand where Alex is coming from, but I won't quite that easily. So, I don't have anything unless I'm called in, would you like some breakfast?"

"I would love some."

Steve didn't get a call from Alex like he had anticipated, and didn't see Alex until ten-thirty at night.