The Past.

Steve putting his arm around Alex's shoulder, and smiled. "You haven't talked about that day in a while."

"I know, but it just reminds me about Catherine, and what happened that night you brought me home.

Flashback: Catherine started the conversation. "So what brings you to Hawaii?"

"I was kicked out of my last forty- eight schools for hacking into their website to change my grades. On top of that our parents were killed mine and Selena's, so Steve and Danny are allowing us to stay with them."

"Why didn't Steve and Danny put you two in a hotel?"

"They did WoFat found us, so Steve and Danny saved us."

Steve came back with Dinner. "Dinner's here." Looking at both Alex and Catherine. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah everything is fine, Catherine and I were just talking, did you get no shrimp, because I'm allergic."

"Yes, I asked him to label the no shrimp plate."

"Thank you."

"Now back to our discussion before I picked up dinner, for now until our trust is formed, school, practice, home, okay?"

"Yeah, I totally understand, so do I have a set curfew?"

"Is that what your parents did?"

"Mid-night, but my mom tracked me all the time, so I could never stay out without a phone call. Then some nights if they were going out my parents would cuff me to my bed so I couldn't leave."

Catherine covering her mouth. "That's horrible."

"Selena was considered the golden child, I some how was always blamed for her actions, so one night we were in Florida, that was our longest home, Selena snuck out of the house, her parents blamed me, so my parents started cuffing me to the bed."

Alex went on about her past, without any judgement from Steve or Catherine.

End of flashback.

"You haven't talked about Selena either."

"Well after she set me up, with Jessica, and pretending to care about me, Danny moved Selena into a private school, away from me."

Lynn asked. "So, Steve when you went on those trips for your job, who watched Alex?"

"Kono, or Chin, or even at the time Doris, but we don't talk about her in this house anymore."

Lynn looked at Steve, confused. "I'll explain later."

A few hours later, Alex was on her laptop, when Steve came downstairs. "Hey honey Lynn and I are going out, are you good here by yourself?"

"Yeah I have school work to do anyways, so go have fun, tonight."

Lynn walked down the stairs, in a sliver thigh high dress, and silver high heels.

"Lynn wow, you look beautiful, dad if you screw this up, I'm moving in with Uncle Adam and Auntie Kono."

"Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence kiddo, now get started on your home work, and bed by ten tonight please."

"Okay dad."

Later on that night out on there date, Steve explained to Lynn what happened between Alex and Selena.