worth it

hey guys! so my apologies, it's been awhile since i've updated but i've been really busy recently so i haven't had time to update, but hopefully i'll have time to continue updating. but anyway, this one's kinda random lol but hope y'all enjoy :-)

a little back story to this one! you're sam's younger sister and you've been best friends with him and colby since him and sam met! sam doesn't mind that y'all hang out together bc he enjoys spending time with you :-)

also, @y/sc/n means your snapchat name

ok now on to the story!

y/n's pov

it was about 7:00pm and i was currently waiting for sam and colby to get home so we could get food. they had gone on a little adventure to go explore some abandoned place or what not and i had decided to stay home.

i was currently downstairs, hanging out with devyn, waiting for the boys to get home. "so y/n, what's going on between you and colby" she asked. "what do you mean?" i looked at her confused, trying really hard to hide the fact that i was completely and hopelessly in love with colby. "stop trying to hide it y/n, you know he feels the same, right". i sighed, "yeah right, there's no way he feels the same". "SO YOU DO LIKE HIM?" she exclaimed, slightly making me jump. "sh no need to tell the entire world dev" i laughed seeing her excitement. "i was right! corey owes me 20". "you two bet on us ??" i asked, confused. she slightly nodded. "so, does sam know?" devyn asked. "no, he'd kill both me and colby" i sighed, playing with my ring. "no he wouldn't" she said. "yeah, he would. he specifically told me when i moved in that i was forbidden to date any of his friends/roommates. which for sure includes his best friend". soon after, sam and colby walked in. "hey y/n, hi devyn" both boys said as they put their stuff on the floor. "hey" devyn and i said as they sat down on the couch next to ours. "dev, we're about to grab some food, you wanna come with us?" i asked. she shook her head, "no it's okay, i'm going on a date later tonight with corey" she said smiling. "oooh" i said smirking at her. "stop" she said laughing. "okay, okay, well have fun tonight" i said, getting up from my seat. i turned around to look at the boys. "you both ready?" i asked looking around for my bag. "yup" they both said, getting up from the couch. "okay, see you later dev" i said grabbing my bag and latching myself onto sam's arm, dragging him toward the front door. "bye y/n!" she replied as colby opened the front door.

"shotgun!" i yelled running toward colby's car. "what? nooo y/n" sam groaned. there's an unspoken rule in our house that whoever yells shotgun gets to play music, and me being me, i had to take advantage of that. i stuck my tongue out at him as colby made fun of sam who was quite upset that i beat him at shotgun. laughing i hopped into the front seat as sam sat in the back. "y'all ready for some shawn mendes aka MY HUSBAND" i yelled, plugging my phone in. both boys groaned as "lost in japan" blasted through the speakers (by the way if u haven't heard the zedd remix, pls do it's amazing). i rolled down my window as i belted the lyrics at the top of my lungs as sam filmed the entire thing, laughing at me.

colby's pov

as y/n was singing at the top of her lungs, i couldn't help but notice the sparkle in her eye as she passionately serenaded me and sam. i chuckled as i looked back at the road. i loved everything about her. how carefree she was, how her hair fell down her face perfectly, the way her eyes would glisten when she saw something she loved, and the way she smiled. absolutely everything about her was perfect, but i knew i couldn't have her. she's sam's sister, how could i?as the song faded out, i pulled into the parking lot of tender greens. y/n was a little too excited as she had already opened the door before i could finish parking the car. "y/n!" sam yelled. "whoops, sorry" she replied, giggling. i shook my head and chuckled while i turned off the car. "i'm so hungry guysss, let's pick up the pace ladies" y/n yelled as she practically sprinted toward tender greens. "i guess we should hurry up before she knocks people over" i replied, looking over at sam. he nodded in agreement as we walked faster, trying to catch up to y/n.