mine

y/n's pov

colby's birthday is coming up and i had been planning surprises for him. i was currently in colby's room while he was out with sam to film a video. i don't live at the house but i do spend a lot of time here so i didn't mind being here by myself, as weird as that sounds. i was planning the surprise party for colby at the end of the day and i have the roommates helping me out in setting up for the party so that i could take him out of the house all day. i was scribbling notes in my notebook planning every detail when i got a text. it was toddy. i rolled my eyes, not even bothering to look at the text. thing is, i've been dating colby for 2 years, and for a majority of our relationship, toddy has been trying to get at me. don't get me wrong, toddy's cool and all, but he didn't understand that i didn't like him in that way, but maybe he'll understand one day. i sighed, running my fingers through my hair trying to finish the last few bits of the day since i had several gifts for colby and that i wanted to give them to him at different times throughout the day. i was planning on taking colby on a slight adventure of all the memories that we had made the last 2 years and that meant stopping at a park, an amusement park, and a beach. all of these places are memorable for us because they represent our favorite memories with each other. at the park i was planning on giving him a deck of cards in which each of the cards had something i love about him written on them to signify the first time we said "i love you". at the amusement park, i was planning on giving him a giant stuffed koala (https://i.imgur.com/jJQ1Hg7) to signify our first date. he had won me a stuffed animal and so i thought i would return the favor. and lastly, the beach. the beach where he and i met. the place that changed my life. at the beach, i'm giving him a picnic basket full of some of his favorite things and other small things that reminded me of him such as a new phone case, black nail polish (because he's been using mine), clothes, etc. also in the basket, i'm including a photo album that had all the photos that colby and i had taken throughout our relationship and friendship. i closed the notebook, hid it in my stuff and slid into bed, seeing that it was getting late. i pulled the blanket over me and i fell asleep.

-one week later-

today was the day! i woke up bright and early to get things ready for colby's birthday. i needed everything to go perfectly because he absolutely deserved it. i had gotten up at 6 am and finished off the last few things on the list of things that i needed to buy for the surprise party. devyn and kat are in charge of decorating the house and the rest of the roommates were there to help along with hiding all of the guest's cars so that colby wouldn't see them when we got home. the party was set for 7 pm and i had sent out a mass group message last night to all those that were invited to let them know of the plans. i finished shopping and went home to get ready for the day. i texted colby to tell him to get ready by 9 am to get our day started and i couldn't wait. i put on my outfit (https://i.imgur.com/iUaOzFb) and did my hair/makeup. around 8:45 i was ready. i packed my outfit for the party later and i was out the door. i checked my car and my bag to make sure i had everything and i was off to the house! after about 20 mins i parked in front of the house and grabbed all the party stuff from my car. i walked in, as i had a key, and set all the stuff in the garage. i ran upstairs and knocked on colby's door. i heard shuffling inside and then he opened the door. "baby" he said, smiling, pulling me in for a hug. "hi baby, happy birthday" i replied, smiling into his chest. "are you ready?" i asked looking up at him, giving him a kiss on the cheek. he nodded, "yeah, let me grab my wallet and keys and lets go". i shook my head, "leave them both. today's your day, don't worry about any of it" i said grabbing onto his hand, dragging him out of his room. he laughed as we headed out the door. "wait" he said, pulling me back. from behind, i felt his arms snake around my waist. i turned my face to look at his and he kissed me. "you look beautiful" he whispered into my ear. i blushed. even after 2 years, those words never failed to make me my stomach flip. i kissed his cheek in return, "c'mon pretty boy, let's go". he chuckled and we were off. "are you gonna tell me where we're going or what we're doing today" he asked, playing with my right hand, as i was driving. (pls be safe when you're driving lol) i shook my head, smiling. "here, put this blindfold on, we're getting close" i said, pulling out a blindfold from the side of the car door. i heard colby groan, "do i have to?" i nodded and he pouted, but put it on. after about 10 minutes, i pulled into the parking lot of the park. thankfully the park was empty. i helped colby out of the car and walked him to a bench that faced the park. the bench. our bench. "okay, sit down. you can take off the blindfold now" i said, pulling out the deck of cards, placing it behind me on the bench, as colby took off his blindfold. "y/n" he softly said, looking at where we were. "here", i said while handing him the deck of cards. "what is this?" he said, opening the box. "look at each card" i said, scooting closer, wrapping my arms around his arm. he pulled out the deck of cards, and read out the first card. "#1 you never fail to make me smile with just your presence". he flipped to the next card. "#2 your adventurous spirit and seeing how much you enjoy living life outside the box". a tear rolled down his cheek as he kissed my forehead. "#3 you never fail to make me feel beautiful". he kept reading through each one, tears continuously falling. "#37 your willingness to live life to the fullest, not giving a damn about anyone". i squeeze his arm as he continues reading. "#52 last but not least, i love you for who you are. you are the best thing to ever happen to me and i love you for sticking around with my weird ass. happy 22nd baby". he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in for a hug. "how many times are you gonna make me cry today babe" he said, laughing softly. "we'll see" i replied. "i love you so much y/n" "i love you too colby". he kissed my forehead as we both sat there and took in the memories. "c'mon, we have 2 more places to go" i said, getting up, reaching my hand out for his. he smiles and intertwines our fingers as we head for the amusement park.