{16} Fourth Of July

Alex's POV

My eyes fluttered open and as soon as I saw what I was laying on top of my eyes widened and my heart flew out of my chest. I was laying on top of Richie Tozier, the stupidest, immaturest, trash mouthiest loser of all.

He wasn't wearing his glasses, so his eyes looked a bit smaller than usual. Still sorta cute. I scooted away quietly, not wanting to wake him up, but it was too late, he was already wide awake, smiling down at me.

"What do you want?" I say in my raspy morning voice, sitting up in my bed. "Have a nice night?" He asks, his voice similar to mine. I shrug, trying to hide the small smile that was slowly creeping into my lips. The truth was, that was the best sleep I've had since I last saw... well, you know.

I was about to say something as he sat up in his spot, but before any words left my mouth, a loud "Alexandria!" erupted and echoed throughout the house. My eyes widened as I heard footsteps coming from the stairs.

"Shit!" I whisper, pushing Richie off of the bed quickly. He grabbed his glasses from my desk right as I pushed him into the closet, which was the closest thing to my bed... luckily.

I closed the door with a small slam, although I knew he wanted to say something. My mom walked in my room, catching me looking at the closet door.

"Alex!" She says. "Breakfast is ready" my head whips around and I smile almost too enthusiastically. I may be a good actor, but I am a terrible liar.

She looks at me in confusion, laughing under her breath a bit. "Well what's up with you? Loser" she asks.

She never really knew that the kids I hang out with are actually losers but she's called me that almost my entire life in a joking way.

"N-nothing!" I stutter, my smile slowly fading as she steps a bit closer. She's still smiling as if she has no idea, so I have hope that this could work.

"Okay, c'mon then! You already lost you chance at first cereal bowl but you might just get lucky enough to get the first blueberry waffle!" She speaks in a singsong tone, trying to bribe me into going downstairs.

"Uh yeah actually I think I'm just gonna get an apple and leave. I have something to do today. Besides, I'm not in the mood for blueberry waffles today" I say, lying straight through my teeth as I randomly touch my stomach.

I wasn't lying about having to do something today, I'm actually meeting up with the losers for the Fourth of July parade in town. I was lying about not wanting blueberry waffles. Those are my second favorite breakfast, right behind cinnamon rolls.

"Oh! You're spending so much time with those cool friends you have" she says, and from right behind me, a clear quiet laugh was heard.

Obviously, it was Richie fucking up another plan. I sighed as if that blew our cover, but somehow, my mom practically didn't hear it. "What was that?" She says in a happy tone, sounding as if she rarely cares. "Oh nothing!" I flip my wrist as if to say whatever. "It's just one of Gabbie's toys" I lie. I'm sure I can hear Richie scoff in there, but it's barely heard for me.

"O-Okay well we're all downstairs if you want to join us" she says, a hint of suspicion in her voice. I smile and nod aggressively, waving goodbye as she steps out into the hallway.

When I hear that she's already downstairs, I let go of the handle of the door and Richie comes flying out and landing on his face on my carpet. I laugh and he groans.

"That couldn't have gone any better!" He says, sarcasm dripping from his words.

««»»

"Just take it! It's not that hard. Use your hands and your brai-" "I know how to pick up a trumpet, Alex" Richie cuts me off. I smirk and cross my arms over my chest. "So go get it!" I say for the fourth time in less than five minutes.

He sighs and nods, walking into the small Fourth of July parade in town. He grabs the trumpet one of the band players put down a while ago and starts playing it, horrific sounds exploding from it. I cover my ears dramatically and he stops playing to roll his eyes.

Suddenly, a man, the band guy to be specific, came out of nowhere and started ripping it out of Richies hands. Of course, Richie fought back and tried to keep it while playing, but it just ended up falling from his hands and into the guys hands.

He scoffs, "What the fuck, dude?" He curses him out before walking towards me, his proud face slowly clicking on. I roll my eyes with a smirk, leaning on the brick wall by the pharmacy.

The rest of the losers were right behind me, staring at another missing poster on the wall.

Eddie emerged from the other side of me, successfully holding three cones of ice cream in his hands, one for him, one for Richie and one for me. He smiles at me and Richie before handing them to us. "Thank you, sir" I nod my head. "No problem, ma'am" he replies.

"What are they talking about?" He asks. "What they always talk about" Richie answers from next to me, taking his first lick from the ice cream.

I don't know why, but I felt the need to not get my mouth dirty, so I pulled out a plastic spoon from my pocket. Richie gives me a weird look. "Who the fuck just carries a spoon in their pocket?" He laughs. "I do!" I retort, stuffing the spoon into the ice cream.

"False!" Eddie says, "I got it for her from the store, duh" he explains, Richie just rolling his eyes and going back to his ice cream. All the while Bill and everyone talk about scary theories about the missing children.

"I was going over some of my Derry research..." Ben starts. Of course he has. "And i charted out all of the big events," He starts repeating all of the town disasters that happened. "And it all seems to be happening every t-" "twenty seven years" Bill cuts him off, kind of scaring me.

"Wh-what does that mean?" I ask. Nobody answered.

Hi!! Thank you for 700 views oh my goodness i never expected this to happen i love you all!! Thank god it's summer now for me so i'll start writing more. Also it would mean a great deal to me if you commented your thoughts on my story, i would love to hear your opinions! Love and Light⭐️❤️- author